Family-friendly snowshoe hike includes part on private land
RODMAN — Tug Hill Tomorrow Land Trust offers a unique family-friendly snowshoe hike on Saturday, Jan. 14, from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. In addition to exploring the Murray Trail at the Development Authority of the North Country (DANC), participants will also have the opportunity to visit a gulf on land owned by Dave and Uli Larrabee.
“We invite you to join us for a breath of fresh air during this 2 to 3-mile trek with your friends and family,” THTLT officials said.
RSVPs are encouraged to keep track of how many people will be attending by contacting Community Programs Manager Lianna Lee at 315-779-2239 or email email@example.com
The Larrabees will be leading this hike and in addition to visiting the gulf, they will also show visitors 150 year-old hemlock trees in their woods.
Bring your favorite XC skis or snowshoes, and join in on the fun of breaking trail.
Participans will warm up inside with hot cocoa and snacks provided by the Land Trust at the end of the hike inside the DANC nature center building.
Plan on wearing sturdy boots, or bringing your snowshoes, and wearing plenty of warm layers. Children’s snowshoes are available upon advance request. Pack a brown bag lunch and water. The Land Trust will provide extra water.
Meet at the DANC nature trail parking area at 10 a.m. at 23400 NY-177, Rodman, NY 13682. Look for a white building and THTLT sandwich board on the road.
Tug Hill Tomorrow Land Trust is a non-profit regional organization that works with private landowners to protect and foster responsible stewardship practices of working forest, farm, recreation and wild lands in northern New York’s 2,100 square-mile Tug Hill region.
The Tug Hill region covers parts of Jefferson, Lewis, Oneida and Oswego Counties. To date nearly 19,000 acres of Tug Hill’s forests, farms, and wildlife habitat have been protected by the Land Trust.
The Land Trust also works to increase the awareness, appreciation and stewardship of the Tug Hill region through publications, field trips, special events and community programs for kids and their families.
Oneida Healthcare receives Breastfeeding Friendly Practice Designation
MVHS Nursing Leadership team honored
Oriskany Central School Ski & Snowboard Club to hold Book Fair
Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Oriskany Central School Ski & Snowboard Club to hold Book Fair
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Cornell University reminds residents to think globally, plant locally
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Sign-up for May Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
- 4:00pm 04/19/18MWPAI Concerts in the Court Hosts Tribute to Jazz Legend
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Out After Midnite presents Estonian fantasy
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Dark comedy ‘Death of Stalin’ on Cinema screen
- 4:00pm 04/19/18DuffleBag Theatre presents ‘Little Red Riding Hood’
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Spring Swing concert Sunday at Colgate
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Polish Home hosts spaghetti dinner