Family-friendly snowshoe hike includes part on private land
RODMAN — Tug Hill Tomorrow Land Trust offers a unique family-friendly snowshoe hike on Saturday, Jan. 14, from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. In addition to exploring the Murray Trail at the Development Authority of the North Country (DANC), participants will also have the opportunity to visit a gulf on land owned by Dave and Uli Larrabee.
“We invite you to join us for a breath of fresh air during this 2 to 3-mile trek with your friends and family,” THTLT officials said.
RSVPs are encouraged to keep track of how many people will be attending by contacting Community Programs Manager Lianna Lee at 315-779-2239 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Larrabees will be leading this hike and in addition to visiting the gulf, they will also show visitors 150 year-old hemlock trees in their woods.
Bring your favorite XC skis or snowshoes, and join in on the fun of breaking trail.
Participans will warm up inside with hot cocoa and snacks provided by the Land Trust at the end of the hike inside the DANC nature center building.
Plan on wearing sturdy boots, or bringing your snowshoes, and wearing plenty of warm layers. Children’s snowshoes are available upon advance request. Pack a brown bag lunch and water. The Land Trust will provide extra water.
Meet at the DANC nature trail parking area at 10 a.m. at 23400 NY-177, Rodman, NY 13682. Look for a white building and THTLT sandwich board on the road.
Tug Hill Tomorrow Land Trust is a non-profit regional organization that works with private landowners to protect and foster responsible stewardship practices of working forest, farm, recreation and wild lands in northern New York’s 2,100 square-mile Tug Hill region.
The Tug Hill region covers parts of Jefferson, Lewis, Oneida and Oswego Counties. To date nearly 19,000 acres of Tug Hill’s forests, farms, and wildlife habitat have been protected by the Land Trust.
The Land Trust also works to increase the awareness, appreciation and stewardship of the Tug Hill region through publications, field trips, special events and community programs for kids and their families.
Surgeon performs same-day total knee replacement at Apex
Surgeon joins surgical group
Local comedian releases DVD of Capitol Theatre show
Celebrating 50 years
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Local comedian releases DVD of Capitol Theatre show
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Celebrating 50 years
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Senior center hosts potluck dinner
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Livable Communities Project topic of lunch
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Property acquisition process starts for new downtown Utica hospital
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Progressive Politics lecture Wednesday
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Surgeon performs same-day total knee replacement at Apex
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Red Cross announces more December donation opportunities
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Surgeon joins surgical group