Family-friendly snowshoe hike includes part on private land
RODMAN — Tug Hill Tomorrow Land Trust offers a unique family-friendly snowshoe hike on Saturday, Jan. 14, from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. In addition to exploring the Murray Trail at the Development Authority of the North Country (DANC), participants will also have the opportunity to visit a gulf on land owned by Dave and Uli Larrabee.
“We invite you to join us for a breath of fresh air during this 2 to 3-mile trek with your friends and family,” THTLT officials said.
RSVPs are encouraged to keep track of how many people will be attending by contacting Community Programs Manager Lianna Lee at 315-779-2239 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Larrabees will be leading this hike and in addition to visiting the gulf, they will also show visitors 150 year-old hemlock trees in their woods.
Bring your favorite XC skis or snowshoes, and join in on the fun of breaking trail.
Participans will warm up inside with hot cocoa and snacks provided by the Land Trust at the end of the hike inside the DANC nature center building.
Plan on wearing sturdy boots, or bringing your snowshoes, and wearing plenty of warm layers. Children’s snowshoes are available upon advance request. Pack a brown bag lunch and water. The Land Trust will provide extra water.
Meet at the DANC nature trail parking area at 10 a.m. at 23400 NY-177, Rodman, NY 13682. Look for a white building and THTLT sandwich board on the road.
Tug Hill Tomorrow Land Trust is a non-profit regional organization that works with private landowners to protect and foster responsible stewardship practices of working forest, farm, recreation and wild lands in northern New York’s 2,100 square-mile Tug Hill region.
The Tug Hill region covers parts of Jefferson, Lewis, Oneida and Oswego Counties. To date nearly 19,000 acres of Tug Hill’s forests, farms, and wildlife habitat have been protected by the Land Trust.
The Land Trust also works to increase the awareness, appreciation and stewardship of the Tug Hill region through publications, field trips, special events and community programs for kids and their families.
Hospital’s Expo booth focuses on women’s health services
Pulmonary, sleep practice opens at Griffiss
Arts Hall of Fame tickets available at Capitol Theater during office hours
Gaffney Memorial Award given to Dr. Mark Warfel
- 4:00pm 04/25/17Arts Hall of Fame tickets available at Capitol Theater during office hours
- 4:00pm 04/25/17Fitness classes slated at Dorfman
- 4:00pm 04/25/17Painting class signups due
- 4:00pm 04/25/17Retired public employees host pre-retirement seminar
- 4:00pm 04/25/17Marksmanship class May 3
- 4:00pm 04/25/17Sociable Singles invite visitors
- 4:00pm 04/24/17Food service inspections for Oneida County
- 4:00pm 04/24/17Hospital’s Expo booth focuses on women’s health services
- 4:00pm 04/24/17Pulmonary, sleep practice opens at Griffiss
- 4:00pm 04/24/17Gaffney Memorial Award given to Dr. Mark Warfel