Families dealing with addiction can find help, support at hospital
Families who are dealing with the problems of addiction can find help and information at the Family Support Group meeting from 6-7 p.m. Monday, Jan. 16, at the second floor classroom at Rome Memorial Hospital.
The group meets the third Monday of each month and is free and open to everyone, the hospital said in an announcement.
Offered by the hospital’s Community Recovery Center, the Family Support Group provides a variety of supports, including:
• An opportunity to discuss issues with others who are in the same situation;
• Monthly support;
• Development of communication skills that will work with those suffering from addiction;
• Development and utilization of boundaries;
• The opportunity to address any questions or concerns; and
• Community resources and referrals.
Certified by the state Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services, the Community Recovery Center, 264 W. Dominick St., offers quality, comprehensive alcohol and substance abuse treatment for adolescents and adults.
Open Monday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Tuesday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., the center participates with most major insurance programs, including Medicare and Medicaid. A sliding scale fee is available for self-pay clients.
For more information about the Family Support Group or the Community Recovery Center, call 334-4701.
Hospital’s Expo booth focuses on women’s health services
Pulmonary, sleep practice opens at Griffiss
Free previews show Wednesday
Spring Gymanfa Ganu in Ilion
- 4:00pm 04/29/17Free previews show Wednesday
- 4:00pm 04/29/17Spring Gymanfa Ganu in Ilion
- 4:00pm 04/29/17Salvation
- 4:00pm 04/29/17Bible study on Holy Land
- 4:00pm 04/29/17Christian women meet Wednesday
- 4:00pm 04/29/17Day of prayer breakfast Thursday
- 4:00pm 04/29/17Dinner, concert in Wesleyan Church
- 4:00pm 04/29/17Unity in Community Day May 6 with imam speaking
- 4:00pm 04/29/17Grow among winners of Women of Worship award
- 4:00pm 04/29/17Delta, Verona churches get new pastor July 1