Families dealing with addiction can find help, support at hospital
Families who are dealing with the problems of addiction can find help and information at the Family Support Group meeting from 6-7 p.m. Monday, Jan. 16, at the second floor classroom at Rome Memorial Hospital.
The group meets the third Monday of each month and is free and open to everyone, the hospital said in an announcement.
Offered by the hospital’s Community Recovery Center, the Family Support Group provides a variety of supports, including:
• An opportunity to discuss issues with others who are in the same situation;
• Monthly support;
• Development of communication skills that will work with those suffering from addiction;
• Development and utilization of boundaries;
• The opportunity to address any questions or concerns; and
• Community resources and referrals.
Certified by the state Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services, the Community Recovery Center, 264 W. Dominick St., offers quality, comprehensive alcohol and substance abuse treatment for adolescents and adults.
Open Monday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Tuesday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., the center participates with most major insurance programs, including Medicare and Medicaid. A sliding scale fee is available for self-pay clients.
For more information about the Family Support Group or the Community Recovery Center, call 334-4701.
Speech therapy offers help with much more than just pronunciation
RMH announces Excellence Award honorees
Miracle Drawing can now accept credit cards for raffle, officials say
Bartlett Baptist marks 200 years, pastor’s retirement
- 4:00pm 06/18/18Miracle Drawing can now accept credit cards for raffle, officials say
- 4:00pm 06/18/18Speech therapy offers help with much more than just pronunciation
- 4:00pm 06/18/18View offers summer yoga sessions
- 4:00pm 06/18/18Dr. Feeney joins Delta Medical
- 4:00pm 06/18/18MVHS Rome Medical Office adds nurse
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Bartlett Baptist marks 200 years, pastor’s retirement
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Small acts can help grow Kingdom of God
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Women meet for brunch Thursday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Heart Touching Tour stops in Oriskany Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Club hosts author Elaine Miller