Families dealing with addiction can find help, support at hospital
Families who are dealing with the problems of addiction can find help and information at the Family Support Group meeting from 6-7 p.m. Monday, Jan. 16, at the second floor classroom at Rome Memorial Hospital.
The group meets the third Monday of each month and is free and open to everyone, the hospital said in an announcement.
Offered by the hospital’s Community Recovery Center, the Family Support Group provides a variety of supports, including:
• An opportunity to discuss issues with others who are in the same situation;
• Monthly support;
• Development of communication skills that will work with those suffering from addiction;
• Development and utilization of boundaries;
• The opportunity to address any questions or concerns; and
• Community resources and referrals.
Certified by the state Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services, the Community Recovery Center, 264 W. Dominick St., offers quality, comprehensive alcohol and substance abuse treatment for adolescents and adults.
Open Monday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Tuesday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., the center participates with most major insurance programs, including Medicare and Medicaid. A sliding scale fee is available for self-pay clients.
For more information about the Family Support Group or the Community Recovery Center, call 334-4701.
Cardiologist added to hospital staff
Family nurse practitioner joins Clinton office
Blood drive Friday in Sherrill
Works in Progress reception Oct. 25
- 4:00pm 10/18/17Blood drive Friday in Sherrill
- 4:00pm 10/18/17Works in Progress reception Oct. 25
- 4:00pm 10/18/17‘Hocus Pocus,’ Live Clue event at Jervis
- 4:00pm 10/18/17Exhibit marks 200th anniversary of Historic Zoar Village
- 4:00pm 10/18/17Oneida library hosts Escape the Library teen event, AARP driving course
- 4:00pm 10/18/17Mansion House marks International Archaelogy Day Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/18/17Fall events announced at Shawangunk Nature Preserve
- 4:00pm 10/18/17A Question of Survival presentation Tuesday at Old Forge Library
- 4:00pm 10/18/17Wreath making first ‘Parent and Me’ workshop Saturday at View
- 4:00pm 10/18/17Jervis offers Children’s Fall ‘Crafternoon’ event Saturday