Families dealing with addiction can find help, support at hospital
Families who are dealing with the problems of addiction can find help and information at the Family Support Group meeting from 6-7 p.m. Monday, Jan. 16, at the second floor classroom at Rome Memorial Hospital.
The group meets the third Monday of each month and is free and open to everyone, the hospital said in an announcement.
Offered by the hospital’s Community Recovery Center, the Family Support Group provides a variety of supports, including:
• An opportunity to discuss issues with others who are in the same situation;
• Monthly support;
• Development of communication skills that will work with those suffering from addiction;
• Development and utilization of boundaries;
• The opportunity to address any questions or concerns; and
• Community resources and referrals.
Certified by the state Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services, the Community Recovery Center, 264 W. Dominick St., offers quality, comprehensive alcohol and substance abuse treatment for adolescents and adults.
Open Monday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Tuesday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., the center participates with most major insurance programs, including Medicare and Medicaid. A sliding scale fee is available for self-pay clients.
For more information about the Family Support Group or the Community Recovery Center, call 334-4701.
Heart health important for wound healing
Physician assistant joins Waterville office
Rome hospital offers online bill pay option
Cartoon Madness next week
- 4:00pm 02/20/17Rome hospital offers online bill pay option
- 4:00pm 02/20/17Indoor Heart Run/Walk Saturday in RFA
- 4:00pm 02/20/17Food Addicts meet Mondays in Whitesboro
- 4:00pm 02/20/17Tai Chi offered in Marcy
- 4:00pm 02/18/17Guest speaker at Waterbury Sunday
- 4:00pm 02/18/17Queen of Hearts event Feb. 21
- 4:00pm 02/18/17Women gather Thursday
- 4:00pm 02/18/17Submission to governing authorities
- 4:00pm 02/17/17Stanley Theatre to host fine dining event April 2
- 4:00pm 02/17/17Free F.I.L.M. series focuses on comedy