Families dealing with addiction can find help, support at hospital
Families who are dealing with the problems of addiction can find help and information at the Family Support Group meeting from 6-7 p.m. Monday, Jan. 16, at the second floor classroom at Rome Memorial Hospital.
The group meets the third Monday of each month and is free and open to everyone, the hospital said in an announcement.
Offered by the hospital’s Community Recovery Center, the Family Support Group provides a variety of supports, including:
• An opportunity to discuss issues with others who are in the same situation;
• Monthly support;
• Development of communication skills that will work with those suffering from addiction;
• Development and utilization of boundaries;
• The opportunity to address any questions or concerns; and
• Community resources and referrals.
Certified by the state Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services, the Community Recovery Center, 264 W. Dominick St., offers quality, comprehensive alcohol and substance abuse treatment for adolescents and adults.
Open Monday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Tuesday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., the center participates with most major insurance programs, including Medicare and Medicaid. A sliding scale fee is available for self-pay clients.
For more information about the Family Support Group or the Community Recovery Center, call 334-4701.
Oneida Healthcare Center issues visitor restrictions to battle flu bug
Emergency management director named
MVHS, Masonic research lab explore affiliation
Young gardeners receive national honors
- 4:00pm 01/21/17MVHS, Masonic research lab explore affiliation
- 4:00pm 01/21/17Roast pork dinner slated Jan. 29
- 4:00pm 01/21/17Just walk across the room
- 4:00pm 01/20/17Young gardeners receive national honors
- 4:00pm 01/19/17Free ‘Day of Unity’ Saturday in Presbyterian Church
- 4:00pm 01/19/17Scorsese films tells of hardships during ‘Hidden Christians’ era
- 4:00pm 01/19/17‘Fences’ returns with award-winning actress
- 4:00pm 01/19/17String Bee plays at Trinity Jan. 21
- 4:00pm 01/19/17Films by teens, for teens offered Friday downtown
- 4:00pm 01/19/17Miller film in View Saturday highlights snow sports around world