Families dealing with addiction can find help, support at hospital
Families who are dealing with the problems of addiction can find help and information at the Family Support Group meeting from 6-7 p.m. Monday, Jan. 16, at the second floor classroom at Rome Memorial Hospital.
The group meets the third Monday of each month and is free and open to everyone, the hospital said in an announcement.
Offered by the hospital’s Community Recovery Center, the Family Support Group provides a variety of supports, including:
• An opportunity to discuss issues with others who are in the same situation;
• Monthly support;
• Development of communication skills that will work with those suffering from addiction;
• Development and utilization of boundaries;
• The opportunity to address any questions or concerns; and
• Community resources and referrals.
Certified by the state Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services, the Community Recovery Center, 264 W. Dominick St., offers quality, comprehensive alcohol and substance abuse treatment for adolescents and adults.
Open Monday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Tuesday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., the center participates with most major insurance programs, including Medicare and Medicaid. A sliding scale fee is available for self-pay clients.
For more information about the Family Support Group or the Community Recovery Center, call 334-4701.
Surgeon performs same-day total knee replacement at Apex
Surgeon joins surgical group
Places of Rome Calendars benefit historical society
Ornament workshop at View Monday
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Places of Rome Calendars benefit historical society
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Ornament workshop at View Monday
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Toddler and Me art class Friday
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Holiday Hoot event at Utica Zoo Saturday
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Chenango club to conduct Christmas Bird Count
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Religion in U.S., along canal topic of lecture Saturday
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Family Game Night, Tech Help offered at Oneida library
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Local comedian releases DVD of Capitol Theatre show
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Celebrating 50 years
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Senior center hosts potluck dinner