Families dealing with addiction can find help, support at hospital
Families who are dealing with the problems of addiction can find help and information at the Family Support Group meeting from 6-7 p.m. Monday, Jan. 16, at the second floor classroom at Rome Memorial Hospital.
The group meets the third Monday of each month and is free and open to everyone, the hospital said in an announcement.
Offered by the hospital’s Community Recovery Center, the Family Support Group provides a variety of supports, including:
• An opportunity to discuss issues with others who are in the same situation;
• Monthly support;
• Development of communication skills that will work with those suffering from addiction;
• Development and utilization of boundaries;
• The opportunity to address any questions or concerns; and
• Community resources and referrals.
Certified by the state Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services, the Community Recovery Center, 264 W. Dominick St., offers quality, comprehensive alcohol and substance abuse treatment for adolescents and adults.
Open Monday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Tuesday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., the center participates with most major insurance programs, including Medicare and Medicaid. A sliding scale fee is available for self-pay clients.
For more information about the Family Support Group or the Community Recovery Center, call 334-4701.
Tenney backs bill to cut local share of Medicaid
Behavioral health director appointed at MVHS
DEC advises homeowners: Avoid problems with bears and coyotes
Animated Oscar nominee opens Friday Choice of subtitled or English showings
- 4:00pm 03/24/17DEC advises homeowners: Avoid problems with bears and coyotes
- 4:00pm 03/24/17Homebuilders, remodelers expo April 1-2
- 4:00pm 03/24/17June 17 selected for 21st annual Herb and Flower Festival
- 4:00pm 03/23/17Turning Stone launches online gaming application
- 4:00pm 03/23/17Animated Oscar nominee opens Friday Choice of subtitled or English showings
- 4:00pm 03/23/17Movie depicts controversial marriage of African king
- 4:00pm 03/23/17First Iranian Vampire Western Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/23/17Trombonist, singer open ArtHouse series Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/23/17Documentary focuses on juvenile justice system
- 4:00pm 03/23/17Area happenings