December Give it a Whirl workshops announced
A support group will be held Mondays during the month of December for anyone coping with health and wellness challenges.
The gathering is offered through the collaboration of the Center for Family Life and Recovery and Rome Memorial Hospital Radiation Medicine.
“Give it a Whirl” for Wellness is a creative way to socialize, help and be helped by others with similar conditions or circumstances.
The drop-in group is an opportunity for people learning to cope with health and wellness challenges, whether it is quitting smoking for good, overcoming illness or treatments, or facing life changes, to meet with others in similar situations.
The free meetings, centered around a creative activity led by the Center for Family Life and Recovery, are held Mondays at Rome Memorial Hospital Radiation Medicine, 107 E. Chestnut St.:
- Today, Dec. 3, 6-7 p.m.: Snowmen Ornaments
- Dec. 10, 2-3 p.m.: Wreaths
- Dec. 17, 6-7 p.m.: Sock Snowmen
The public is encouraged to attend any or all of the gatherings. No registration is necessary. There is easy access and plenty of parking on the east side of the building.
Benefits from participating in groups that offer support and a creative outlet may include:
- Feeling less lonely or judged
- Improving coping skills
- Reducing stress or anxiety
- Learning from others with similar experiences
- Gaining a sense of control
- Learning new ways to improve your health and wellness
For more information, please call Mark Lais, Recovery Peer Advocate, Center for Family Life and Recovery at 315-768-2656.
The Center for Family Life and Recovery provides health and hope for individuals and families through advocacy, prevention, counseling and training.
View is offering a complimentary yoga session
Upstate Family Health Center adds to team
Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
Gifts hidden in plain sight
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Apartment project for seniors receives $10.8M loan
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Arc offers free concert Tuesday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Gifts hidden in plain sight
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Christmas concert at St. Joseph’s Friday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Christmas pageant in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Women’s club meets Thursday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Advent Lessons and Carols Sunday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Healing service in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Community Center seeks donations