County offers smokers help to kick habit
Did you resolve to stop smoking this year? Looking for some help to make it happen?
The Oneida County Health Department, in collaboration with the Mohawk Valley Health System, is offering a free series of Freshstart Smoking Cessation classes. The class will meet from 5 to 6:30 p.m Jan. 10, 17 and 24 in the Sister Rose Vincent Conference Room at the St. Elizabeth campus, 2209 Genesee St., Utica. Refreshments will be provided.
Those who complete the program will receive a $15 grocery gift card. The program is open to all county residents 18 years and older.
One of the focus areas in the Health Department’s 2016-2018 Community Health Improvement Plan is to decrease adult smoking rates.
For more information or to register, contact Joanne Ambrose at MVHS, (315) 801-8269 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Among Americans who smoke, 68 percent say they want to quit for good, reports the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
RMH pharmacist earns additional certification
Warden named director of Behavioral Medicine for MWHS
Registration begins for Rising Stars
Josh Hartnett stars in Japanese-American comedy
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Registration begins for Rising Stars
- 4:00pm 03/22/18RACC announces 2018 At Home in the ArtHouse concert series
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Josh Hartnett stars in Japanese-American comedy
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Easter Egg Hunt March 30 in Sherrill
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Director Tarkovsky’s final film at ‘Out After Midnite’
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Tickets on sale Friday for MercyMe
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Post honors vet with dance
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Cinema presents western film ‘Hostiles’
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Rockin’ the Redhouse Friday in Syracuse
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Legion offers breakfast Sunday