County offers smokers help to kick habit
Did you resolve to stop smoking this year? Looking for some help to make it happen?
The Oneida County Health Department, in collaboration with the Mohawk Valley Health System, is offering a free series of Freshstart Smoking Cessation classes. The class will meet from 5 to 6:30 p.m Jan. 10, 17 and 24 in the Sister Rose Vincent Conference Room at the St. Elizabeth campus, 2209 Genesee St., Utica. Refreshments will be provided.
Those who complete the program will receive a $15 grocery gift card. The program is open to all county residents 18 years and older.
One of the focus areas in the Health Department’s 2016-2018 Community Health Improvement Plan is to decrease adult smoking rates.
For more information or to register, contact Joanne Ambrose at MVHS, (315) 801-8269 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Among Americans who smoke, 68 percent say they want to quit for good, reports the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Orthopedic surgeon joins group
Bushnell named Rome Memorial chief medical officer
‘Pushed Aside: Reclaiming Gage’ opera premiere Sunday
Library hosts poetry workshops Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/17/18‘Pushed Aside: Reclaiming Gage’ opera premiere Sunday
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Library hosts poetry workshops Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Pushing the Limits Book Club among Oneida library events
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Exhibit and Artist Talk Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Preschool Story Hour in Remsen
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Talk on Puccini’s ‘Tosca’ Jan. 25
- 10:30am 01/17/18Dolly Parton talk canceled
- 4:00pm 01/16/18Swamp Drivers visit Kallet Civic Cente
- 4:00pm 01/16/18Lunch and Learn Thursday
- 4:00pm 01/16/18Dorfman offers AARP driving class