County offers smokers help to kick habit
Did you resolve to stop smoking this year? Looking for some help to make it happen?
The Oneida County Health Department, in collaboration with the Mohawk Valley Health System, is offering a free series of Freshstart Smoking Cessation classes. The class will meet from 5 to 6:30 p.m Jan. 10, 17 and 24 in the Sister Rose Vincent Conference Room at the St. Elizabeth campus, 2209 Genesee St., Utica. Refreshments will be provided.
Those who complete the program will receive a $15 grocery gift card. The program is open to all county residents 18 years and older.
One of the focus areas in the Health Department’s 2016-2018 Community Health Improvement Plan is to decrease adult smoking rates.
For more information or to register, contact Joanne Ambrose at MVHS, (315) 801-8269 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Among Americans who smoke, 68 percent say they want to quit for good, reports the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Catholic Daughters aid hospital's Maternity Ward
Speech therapy offers help with much more than just pronunciation
Clinton Symphony Orchestra presents West Side Story with Charles Schneider July 1
Fleeting time — The half dimension
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Clinton Symphony Orchestra presents West Side Story with Charles Schneider July 1
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Church offers home-cooked meal
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Fleeting time — The half dimension
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Catholic Daughters aid hospital's Maternity Ward
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Root Farm begins second year of Community Supported Agriculture
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Utica Summer Fest start tonight
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Levitt Music Series starts June 25 in Utica
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Movie depicts real life art heist
- 4:00pm 06/21/18‘Tuesdays with Morrie’ on stage Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Benefit concert features The BBC Band