County offers smokers help to kick habit
Did you resolve to stop smoking this year? Looking for some help to make it happen?
The Oneida County Health Department, in collaboration with the Mohawk Valley Health System, is offering a free series of Freshstart Smoking Cessation classes. The class will meet from 5 to 6:30 p.m Jan. 10, 17 and 24 in the Sister Rose Vincent Conference Room at the St. Elizabeth campus, 2209 Genesee St., Utica. Refreshments will be provided.
Those who complete the program will receive a $15 grocery gift card. The program is open to all county residents 18 years and older.
One of the focus areas in the Health Department’s 2016-2018 Community Health Improvement Plan is to decrease adult smoking rates.
For more information or to register, contact Joanne Ambrose at MVHS, (315) 801-8269 or email@example.com.
Among Americans who smoke, 68 percent say they want to quit for good, reports the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Medical group welcomes new primary care providers
Spine specialist featured during Health Night program at MVCC
4-H Youth Participate in Vernon Downs Track Tour
MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29
- 4:00pm 09/21/184-H Youth Participate in Vernon Downs Track Tour
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Fall planting class Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Sign-up for October Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 09/20/18MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29
- 4:00pm 09/20/18‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ starts RCT season
- 4:00pm 09/20/18‘Dogumentary’ follows quest of puppy litter
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Jankiewicz performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 09/20/18CNY Royalty and Rogues Festival comes to Stittville
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Capitol screens ‘Bad Reputation’ Wednesday
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Film ‘Bel Canto’ features voice of singer Renée Fleming