Community Wellness Partners seeking participants, sponsors for annual Parkinson Awareness Walk
NEW HARTFORD — Community Wellness Partners invites the community to join together in solidarity as part of an event to raise awareness of those living with Parkinson’s Disease.
The 16th annual Parkinson Awareness Walk will begin at 10 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 29 at the Presbyterian Homes & Services Campus at 4290 Middle Settlement Road, New Hartford. Pre-registration will be held Friday, Sept. 28 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Administration Conference Room at the Presbyterian Home.
Pre-registration is not mandatory but advised. All those who register for the one-mile walk are eligible for a surprise giveaway. While teams and team fundraising are encouraged, there is a $25 donation for individual walkers. This year’s event includes a free Bagel Grove breakfast and face-painting, as well as entertainment along the route with the Utica Zoomobile, Shriner’s clowns and music.
“The 16th Annual Parkinson Awareness Walk is a wonderful opportunity for members of the community to work together to fight this disease, which affects about one million people in the United States,” said Lenora D’Apice, Vice President of Development for Community Wellness Partners.
This year’s honoree is Sturges Manufacturing Co., Inc. Founded in 1909, Sturges is a Utica-based leading manufacturer of engineered webbing and strap solutions. Last year, the first-time team participated in the walk to support those who have been affected by Parkinson’s disease, but more importantly included their own retired company CEO Rick Griffith.
The company, which is also a corporate event sponsor, is one of the largest teams ever in the 15-year history of the walk.
Major sponsors include Bank of Utica; Bond, Schoeneck & King; Caruso McLean Investment Advisors; Charles A. Gaetano Construction Co.; First Source Federal Credit Union; M. Griffith Investment Services, Inc.; and Select Rehabilitation.
Medical group welcomes new primary care providers
Spine specialist featured during Health Night program at MVCC
Flashlight tours part of First Friday fun
Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Flashlight tours part of First Friday fun
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Grace Union marks 129th anniversary
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Church to host Harvest Dinner
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Dinner, dancing in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Retreat House offers First Friday Day of Prayer
- 4:00pm 09/21/184-H Youth Participate in Vernon Downs Track Tour
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Fall planting class Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Sign-up for October Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 09/20/18MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29