Bushnell named Rome Memorial chief medical officer
Andrew Bushnell has been named chief medical officer at Rome Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Bushnell had served as interim medical officer since April, following the departure of Dr. Frank Ehrlich.
His permanent appointment was announced by hospital President/Chief Executive Officer David Lundquist. Bushnell will continue as medical director of the hospital’s emergency department.
“As CMO I am part of the team that will strategize, develop and implement clinical programs to provide and grow health care services in Rome,” said Bushnell. “The CMO has additional duties to guarantee the delivery of the highest quality medical care, by overseeing the clinical operations of the hospital staff.”
Bushnell also serves as a liaison between the medical staff and the hospital’s administration and staff. He provides oversight for the medical staff office, which supports physician recruitment efforts, manages the credentialing process and fosters ongoing performance improvement.
““I want to create personal ownership and responsibility by developing a culture that encourages and applauds exceptional performance and gently channels activity toward expectations,” he said.
“It is my responsibility to make certain health care delivery at Rome Memorial Hospital runs smoothly.”
A graduate of the University of Maryland School of Medicine, the medical officer completed his residency at SUNY Upstate University Hospital in Syracuse.
Bushnell also earned a master’s of business administration degree from the University of Vermont, which he says has helped him to understand the importance of customer service.
“Customer service is truly the business we are in,” he said.
“We have to assure that the services offered to patients not only meet their medical needs, but also their emotional needs as well.”
MVHS offices add nurse practitioners
Dispirito joins Chestnut Commons Physical, Occupational Therapy
Fly shot clinic in Deerfield Oct. 24
Jesus is the great unifier for all of us
- 4:00pm 10/22/18MVHS offices add nurse practitioners
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Fly shot clinic in Deerfield Oct. 24
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Bone marrow drive Oct. 27
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Dispirito joins Chestnut Commons Physical, Occupational Therapy
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Blood donation opportunities in November
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Host ‘Dress Down Day’ to support Hospice
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Special service in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Cinema Capitol to host ‘out of this world’ double feature
- 4:00pm 10/20/18State to send $400,000 for UCP
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Jesus is the great unifier for all of us