Bushnell named Rome Memorial chief medical officer
Andrew Bushnell has been named chief medical officer at Rome Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Bushnell had served as interim medical officer since April, following the departure of Dr. Frank Ehrlich.
His permanent appointment was announced by hospital President/Chief Executive Officer David Lundquist. Bushnell will continue as medical director of the hospital’s emergency department.
“As CMO I am part of the team that will strategize, develop and implement clinical programs to provide and grow health care services in Rome,” said Bushnell. “The CMO has additional duties to guarantee the delivery of the highest quality medical care, by overseeing the clinical operations of the hospital staff.”
Bushnell also serves as a liaison between the medical staff and the hospital’s administration and staff. He provides oversight for the medical staff office, which supports physician recruitment efforts, manages the credentialing process and fosters ongoing performance improvement.
““I want to create personal ownership and responsibility by developing a culture that encourages and applauds exceptional performance and gently channels activity toward expectations,” he said.
“It is my responsibility to make certain health care delivery at Rome Memorial Hospital runs smoothly.”
A graduate of the University of Maryland School of Medicine, the medical officer completed his residency at SUNY Upstate University Hospital in Syracuse.
Bushnell also earned a master’s of business administration degree from the University of Vermont, which he says has helped him to understand the importance of customer service.
“Customer service is truly the business we are in,” he said.
“We have to assure that the services offered to patients not only meet their medical needs, but also their emotional needs as well.”
Heart Run & Walk March 3
Regional Center for Wound Care shares tips on how to live a heart healthy life
Meet new friends at Ava Dorfman event
Non Nobis Domine: The Glory belongs to God
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Meet new friends at Ava Dorfman event
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Funds reinstated in federal hospital program good news for Oneida Healthcare
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Heart Run & Walk March 3
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Regional Center for Wound Care shares tips on how to live a heart healthy life
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Church hosts drive
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Free yoga session at View Feb. 24
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Rome hospital hosts nurse recruitment event
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Hospice fundraiser seeks gift baskets
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Blood drive in Hamilton Feb. 23
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Women’s club meets Feb. 20