Bushnell named Rome Memorial chief medical officer
Andrew Bushnell has been named chief medical officer at Rome Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Bushnell had served as interim medical officer since April, following the departure of Dr. Frank Ehrlich.
His permanent appointment was announced by hospital President/Chief Executive Officer David Lundquist. Bushnell will continue as medical director of the hospital’s emergency department.
“As CMO I am part of the team that will strategize, develop and implement clinical programs to provide and grow health care services in Rome,” said Bushnell. “The CMO has additional duties to guarantee the delivery of the highest quality medical care, by overseeing the clinical operations of the hospital staff.”
Bushnell also serves as a liaison between the medical staff and the hospital’s administration and staff. He provides oversight for the medical staff office, which supports physician recruitment efforts, manages the credentialing process and fosters ongoing performance improvement.
““I want to create personal ownership and responsibility by developing a culture that encourages and applauds exceptional performance and gently channels activity toward expectations,” he said.
“It is my responsibility to make certain health care delivery at Rome Memorial Hospital runs smoothly.”
A graduate of the University of Maryland School of Medicine, the medical officer completed his residency at SUNY Upstate University Hospital in Syracuse.
Bushnell also earned a master’s of business administration degree from the University of Vermont, which he says has helped him to understand the importance of customer service.
“Customer service is truly the business we are in,” he said.
“We have to assure that the services offered to patients not only meet their medical needs, but also their emotional needs as well.”
Rome hospital honors employees’ care, commitment
Pelvic floor rehabilitation available at Chestnut Commons
Local ministry seeks to spread message of love to community
Donation to Rome Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Local ministry seeks to spread message of love to community
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Donation to Rome Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s Day service Sunday
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s club meets May 22
- 4:00pm 05/19/18‘Beauty Secrets’ theme for meeting
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Church offers free meal May 26
- 4:00pm 05/19/18First Baptist hosts basement sale
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Importance of spring cleaning
- 4:00pm 05/17/18Cinema continues anime series with ‘Kiki’s Delivery Service’
- 4:00pm 05/17/18Cinema screens documentary exploring the life of Ruth Bader Ginsburg