Bushnell named Rome Memorial chief medical officer
Andrew Bushnell has been named chief medical officer at Rome Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Bushnell had served as interim medical officer since April, following the departure of Dr. Frank Ehrlich.
His permanent appointment was announced by hospital President/Chief Executive Officer David Lundquist. Bushnell will continue as medical director of the hospital’s emergency department.
“As CMO I am part of the team that will strategize, develop and implement clinical programs to provide and grow health care services in Rome,” said Bushnell. “The CMO has additional duties to guarantee the delivery of the highest quality medical care, by overseeing the clinical operations of the hospital staff.”
Bushnell also serves as a liaison between the medical staff and the hospital’s administration and staff. He provides oversight for the medical staff office, which supports physician recruitment efforts, manages the credentialing process and fosters ongoing performance improvement.
““I want to create personal ownership and responsibility by developing a culture that encourages and applauds exceptional performance and gently channels activity toward expectations,” he said.
“It is my responsibility to make certain health care delivery at Rome Memorial Hospital runs smoothly.”
A graduate of the University of Maryland School of Medicine, the medical officer completed his residency at SUNY Upstate University Hospital in Syracuse.
Bushnell also earned a master’s of business administration degree from the University of Vermont, which he says has helped him to understand the importance of customer service.
“Customer service is truly the business we are in,” he said.
“We have to assure that the services offered to patients not only meet their medical needs, but also their emotional needs as well.”
RMH recognized nationally for promoting organ, eye and tissue donation
Rome Medical Practice announces new administrative clinical manager
Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
View hosts Sweetback Sisters
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Final performance of the summer for Boonville Concert Band
- 4:00pm 08/16/18View hosts Sweetback Sisters
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Three showings for Fright Night at Cinema Capitol
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Dan Vellone performs Friday
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Nina’s Brew performs tonight
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Sesame Street visits NYS fair
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Registration open for Rising Stars at Capitol Theatre
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Cinema shows horror film set in 1984 suburbia