Brain ‘functions’ and ‘dysfunctions’ topic of lecture
UTICA — Dr. Gilbert A. Lawrence, Mohawk Valley Health System oncologist, will present “How Our Brain Functions — and Dysfunctions” at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 18 at Unitarian-Universalist Church, 10 Higby Road.
Dr. Lawrence will discuss in layman terms the emerging neuroscience about an area deep within the cerebral cortex, the insula, discovered to be involved in pain, love, craving, addiction, the enjoyment of music, and human emotion. It governs motivation to act, recognition of error, and may explain addiction.
Dr. Lawrence will discuss misconceptions of brain functions, and understanding balance. The free public presentation welcomes audience questions and refreshments will be served.
The program is sponsored by the Upper Mohawk Valley chapter, U.N. Association, to celebrate World Mental Health Day. The World Health Organization is focusing attention on the stigmatizing of mental disabilities that have isolated people since ancient times.
Nonsurgical treatment for chronic back pain available at RMH
Chestnut Commons Physical, Occupational Therapy welcomes spine specialist
Documentary offers ‘food for thought’
Cinema presents Academy Award contender from Denmark
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Documentary offers ‘food for thought’
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Cinema presents Academy Award contender from Denmark
- 4:00pm 11/15/1815th Annual MV Latino Association Gala Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Clinton to kick off Shoppers’ Stroll and Holiday Parade Nov. 23-24
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Charity beer, wine tasting Nov. 30
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Visit Hamilton for the Holidays
- 4:00pm 11/14/18View offers holiday stained glass, glass fusing classes
- 4:00pm 11/14/18View hosts Christmas on Main Street event Nov. 23-24
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Upcoming events at MWPAI include quartet concert, Victorian Yuletide