Boilermaker names community development coordinator
The Utica Boilermaker Road Race has added Rebecca Spataro Kearns as Community Development Coordinator.
Kearns has worked as Employee Wellness Coordinator at the Masonic Care Community, where she developed a diverse wellness program covering a variety of physical and educational opportunities. She also served as director of the West Utica Public Market, one of several Boilermaker Urban Initiatives.
Kearns is an experienced yoga instructor. She owns Dented Bumper Yoga, which conducts yoga classes at Boilermaker headquarters. In 2011 she received the Commander’s Award for Public Service from the Army. The award is the fourth-highest public service decoration the army can give to a civilian.
Kearns earned a bachelor’s degree in exercise science from Columbus State University in Georgia. She lives in Sauquoit with her husband, retired army staff sergeant Brendan Kearns, and their children Aidan, Kieran and Quinlan and dog, Scout.
“We are excited to bring on a professional like Rebecca to champion health and wellness in our community,” Boilermaker President Tim Reed said.
Hot cars can be dangerous for kids, pets, warn officials
Rome Family YMCA makes splash with new hydro spin program
Mount Calvary Vacation Bible School starts Monday
Balsam Pillow sewing bee July 29
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Mount Calvary Vacation Bible School starts Monday
- 4:00pm 07/22/1775th Strawberry Shortcake Social adds raffle
- 4:00pm 07/22/17AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Free dinner, music on green due in Verona Thursday
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Muster Day meal Friday in First Baptist Church
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Foothills seeks school supplies
- 4:00pm 07/22/17‘God is incomprehensible’
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Balsam Pillow sewing bee July 29
- 4:00pm 07/21/17Food Truck Festival at Stanley Aug. 5
- 4:00pm 07/21/17Cancer victim getting wish