Boilermaker names community development coordinator
The Utica Boilermaker Road Race has added Rebecca Spataro Kearns as Community Development Coordinator.
Kearns has worked as Employee Wellness Coordinator at the Masonic Care Community, where she developed a diverse wellness program covering a variety of physical and educational opportunities. She also served as director of the West Utica Public Market, one of several Boilermaker Urban Initiatives.
Kearns is an experienced yoga instructor. She owns Dented Bumper Yoga, which conducts yoga classes at Boilermaker headquarters. In 2011 she received the Commander’s Award for Public Service from the Army. The award is the fourth-highest public service decoration the army can give to a civilian.
Kearns earned a bachelor’s degree in exercise science from Columbus State University in Georgia. She lives in Sauquoit with her husband, retired army staff sergeant Brendan Kearns, and their children Aidan, Kieran and Quinlan and dog, Scout.
“We are excited to bring on a professional like Rebecca to champion health and wellness in our community,” Boilermaker President Tim Reed said.
Heart health important for wound healing
Physician assistant joins Waterville office
Ava Dorfman Senior Center holds picnic
Oscar-nominated shorts have limited shows
- 4:00pm 02/23/17Ava Dorfman Senior Center holds picnic
- 4:00pm 02/23/17Oscar-nominated shorts have limited shows
- 4:00pm 02/23/17Documentary explores lives of civil rights activists
- 4:00pm 02/23/17Minetti String Quartet featured Sunday in Chamber Music concert
- 4:00pm 02/23/17Pianist performs free concert March 1
- 4:00pm 02/23/17Orleans tickets on sale Friday
- 4:00pm 02/23/17Area happenings
- 4:00pm 02/23/17Memories and reflections for violin and piano Saturday
- 4:00pm 02/23/17Three masterpieces in Colgate performance
- 4:00pm 02/23/17Vernon Historical plans Show and Tell Tuesday