Boilermaker names community development coordinator
The Utica Boilermaker Road Race has added Rebecca Spataro Kearns as Community Development Coordinator.
Kearns has worked as Employee Wellness Coordinator at the Masonic Care Community, where she developed a diverse wellness program covering a variety of physical and educational opportunities. She also served as director of the West Utica Public Market, one of several Boilermaker Urban Initiatives.
Kearns is an experienced yoga instructor. She owns Dented Bumper Yoga, which conducts yoga classes at Boilermaker headquarters. In 2011 she received the Commander’s Award for Public Service from the Army. The award is the fourth-highest public service decoration the army can give to a civilian.
Kearns earned a bachelor’s degree in exercise science from Columbus State University in Georgia. She lives in Sauquoit with her husband, retired army staff sergeant Brendan Kearns, and their children Aidan, Kieran and Quinlan and dog, Scout.
“We are excited to bring on a professional like Rebecca to champion health and wellness in our community,” Boilermaker President Tim Reed said.
Speech therapy offers help with much more than just pronunciation
RMH announces Excellence Award honorees
Ava Dorfman announces summer fitness classes
Bartlett Baptist marks 200 years, pastor’s retirement
- 4:00pm 06/19/18Ava Dorfman announces summer fitness classes
- 4:00pm 06/19/18Outdoor Music program starts June 27
- 4:00pm 06/18/18Miracle Drawing can now accept credit cards for raffle, officials say
- 4:00pm 06/18/18Speech therapy offers help with much more than just pronunciation
- 4:00pm 06/18/18View offers summer yoga sessions
- 4:00pm 06/18/18Dr. Feeney joins Delta Medical
- 4:00pm 06/18/18MVHS Rome Medical Office adds nurse
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Bartlett Baptist marks 200 years, pastor’s retirement
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Small acts can help grow Kingdom of God
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Women meet for brunch Thursday