Boilermaker names community development coordinator
The Utica Boilermaker Road Race has added Rebecca Spataro Kearns as Community Development Coordinator.
Kearns has worked as Employee Wellness Coordinator at the Masonic Care Community, where she developed a diverse wellness program covering a variety of physical and educational opportunities. She also served as director of the West Utica Public Market, one of several Boilermaker Urban Initiatives.
Kearns is an experienced yoga instructor. She owns Dented Bumper Yoga, which conducts yoga classes at Boilermaker headquarters. In 2011 she received the Commander’s Award for Public Service from the Army. The award is the fourth-highest public service decoration the army can give to a civilian.
Kearns earned a bachelor’s degree in exercise science from Columbus State University in Georgia. She lives in Sauquoit with her husband, retired army staff sergeant Brendan Kearns, and their children Aidan, Kieran and Quinlan and dog, Scout.
“We are excited to bring on a professional like Rebecca to champion health and wellness in our community,” Boilermaker President Tim Reed said.
Hospital’s Expo booth focuses on women’s health services
Pulmonary, sleep practice opens at Griffiss
40th anniversary concert Sunday
Women’s suffrage talk tonight in Oneida Library
- 4:00pm 04/26/1740th anniversary concert Sunday
- 4:00pm 04/26/17Makeup design workshop offered
- 4:00pm 04/26/17Adirondack Chorus members share their memories
- 4:00pm 04/26/17Women’s suffrage talk tonight in Oneida Library
- 4:00pm 04/26/17Metal detecting program Thursday
- 4:00pm 04/26/17‘In God’s House’ film joins photo show in Other Side
- 4:00pm 04/26/17New England invasion into New York topic Saturday
- 4:00pm 04/26/17Jazz Fest exhibit due May 3
- 4:00pm 04/26/17Edible Agriculture program for children offered May 6
- 4:00pm 04/25/17Arts Hall of Fame tickets available at Capitol Theater during office hours