Boilermaker names community development coordinator
The Utica Boilermaker Road Race has added Rebecca Spataro Kearns as Community Development Coordinator.
Kearns has worked as Employee Wellness Coordinator at the Masonic Care Community, where she developed a diverse wellness program covering a variety of physical and educational opportunities. She also served as director of the West Utica Public Market, one of several Boilermaker Urban Initiatives.
Kearns is an experienced yoga instructor. She owns Dented Bumper Yoga, which conducts yoga classes at Boilermaker headquarters. In 2011 she received the Commander’s Award for Public Service from the Army. The award is the fourth-highest public service decoration the army can give to a civilian.
Kearns earned a bachelor’s degree in exercise science from Columbus State University in Georgia. She lives in Sauquoit with her husband, retired army staff sergeant Brendan Kearns, and their children Aidan, Kieran and Quinlan and dog, Scout.
“We are excited to bring on a professional like Rebecca to champion health and wellness in our community,” Boilermaker President Tim Reed said.
Tenney backs bill to cut local share of Medicaid
Behavioral health director appointed at MVHS
DEC advises homeowners: Avoid problems with bears and coyotes
Animated Oscar nominee opens Friday Choice of subtitled or English showings
- 4:00pm 03/24/17DEC advises homeowners: Avoid problems with bears and coyotes
- 4:00pm 03/24/17Homebuilders, remodelers expo April 1-2
- 4:00pm 03/24/17June 17 selected for 21st annual Herb and Flower Festival
- 4:00pm 03/23/17Turning Stone launches online gaming application
- 4:00pm 03/23/17Animated Oscar nominee opens Friday Choice of subtitled or English showings
- 4:00pm 03/23/17Movie depicts controversial marriage of African king
- 4:00pm 03/23/17First Iranian Vampire Western Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/23/17Trombonist, singer open ArtHouse series Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/23/17Documentary focuses on juvenile justice system
- 4:00pm 03/23/17Area happenings