Boilermaker names community development coordinator
The Utica Boilermaker Road Race has added Rebecca Spataro Kearns as Community Development Coordinator.
Kearns has worked as Employee Wellness Coordinator at the Masonic Care Community, where she developed a diverse wellness program covering a variety of physical and educational opportunities. She also served as director of the West Utica Public Market, one of several Boilermaker Urban Initiatives.
Kearns is an experienced yoga instructor. She owns Dented Bumper Yoga, which conducts yoga classes at Boilermaker headquarters. In 2011 she received the Commander’s Award for Public Service from the Army. The award is the fourth-highest public service decoration the army can give to a civilian.
Kearns earned a bachelor’s degree in exercise science from Columbus State University in Georgia. She lives in Sauquoit with her husband, retired army staff sergeant Brendan Kearns, and their children Aidan, Kieran and Quinlan and dog, Scout.
“We are excited to bring on a professional like Rebecca to champion health and wellness in our community,” Boilermaker President Tim Reed said.
Officials warn threat of blue-green algae still lurks in lakes
Advocates for disabled seek federal help to reform state procedures
Nominations sought for Celebrating Life Event
Turkey dinner in Westernville benefits mission projects
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Nominations sought for Celebrating Life Event
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Parkinson’s Awareness Walk Saturday
- 4:00pm 09/18/17Diabetes adult support group meets Sept. 21
- 4:00pm 09/18/17Brain Aneurysm Awareness benefit dinner Sept. 24
- 4:00pm 09/18/17Off to a good start with healthy school lunches
- 4:00pm 09/18/17Caring for the caregiver class begins Oct. 4
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Officials warn threat of blue-green algae still lurks in lakes
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Turkey dinner in Westernville benefits mission projects
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Chicken and biscuits served in Westmoreland Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Bake and bag sales in Floyd