Boilermaker names community development coordinator
The Utica Boilermaker Road Race has added Rebecca Spataro Kearns as Community Development Coordinator.
Kearns has worked as Employee Wellness Coordinator at the Masonic Care Community, where she developed a diverse wellness program covering a variety of physical and educational opportunities. She also served as director of the West Utica Public Market, one of several Boilermaker Urban Initiatives.
Kearns is an experienced yoga instructor. She owns Dented Bumper Yoga, which conducts yoga classes at Boilermaker headquarters. In 2011 she received the Commander’s Award for Public Service from the Army. The award is the fourth-highest public service decoration the army can give to a civilian.
Kearns earned a bachelor’s degree in exercise science from Columbus State University in Georgia. She lives in Sauquoit with her husband, retired army staff sergeant Brendan Kearns, and their children Aidan, Kieran and Quinlan and dog, Scout.
“We are excited to bring on a professional like Rebecca to champion health and wellness in our community,” Boilermaker President Tim Reed said.
New program encourages patients to take medications as prescribed
Practitioners join Upstate Family Health Center
Lawmakers, volunteer firefighters praise passage of legislation for cancer coverage
Theaters of Rome program Friday at First Prebyterian
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Lawmakers, volunteer firefighters praise passage of legislation for cancer coverage
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Theaters of Rome program Friday at First Prebyterian
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Yoga for seniors, blood drive at Oneida library
- 4:00pm 06/21/17RACC offers basketry classes
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Croghan marks Ancestor Day
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Martha Deming, Barbara Kellogg exhibits open at View
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Jervis library book series explores history of Erie Canal
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Catherine Bennett’s art on display at Kallet
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Artist talk Saturday
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Battle of Oriskany event in Herkimer