Birdwatching stroll Wednesday along Rogers Center’s Channels Trail
VILLAGE OF SHERBURNE — The Chenango Bird Club’s last walk in its summer evening birdwatching series will be a stroll along Rogers Center’s Channels Trail at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 8.
The club will follow the walk with a pot luck supper at the picnic pavilion.
The Channels Trail is flat, about seven-tenths of a mile, and circles the Channels Marsh, which often features several aquatic habitat birds. Forest species are also possible as the trail is largely wooded. Plan to learn a few new species by sight or sound. Join members even if you don’t have binoculars. There will be a few extra pairs to share.
Bring a dish to pass. Also bring a plate, cup and silverware.
The Chenango Bird Club presents monthly programs, except January, February and March. Nature enthusiasts of all levels and interests are invited to all Chenango Bird Club programs, free of charge, at the Rogers Environmental Education Center Bird Exhibit Cabin, next to the visitor parking lot. Rogers Center is located one mile west of the village on State Highway 80.
RMH recognized nationally for promoting organ, eye and tissue donation
Rome Medical Practice announces new administrative clinical manager
Kenwood Library hosts Gold Rush Day
Children: Investment for the future
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Kenwood Library hosts Gold Rush Day
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Children: Investment for the future
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Mount Calvary marks anniversary
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Service and picnic Sunday in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Free cabaret at Stanley to feature high school students
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Final performance of the summer for Boonville Concert Band
- 4:00pm 08/16/18View hosts Sweetback Sisters
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Three showings for Fright Night at Cinema Capitol