Battling Suicide and Depression meeting tonight
The Utica Municipal Housing Authority will sponsor a free workshop open to the public on Battling Suicide and Depression at 6 tonight at the Utica Public Library, 303 Genesee St.
Parking is in the rear of the building off of Park Street. Refreshments will be served. The speakers will be Kathy J Peters of the Oneida County Suicide Coalition, John Enders of the Utica Municipal Housing Authority and Willijah Dawson of the Bee Rose Foundation. Information will be presented on signs and symptoms, risk factors, and community resources for helping people in emotional pain. Major depression affects more than 16 million of American adults each year. Depression causes people to lose pleasure from daily life, can complicate other medical conditions, and can even be serious enough to lead to suicide.
Depression can occur to anyone, at any age, and to people of any race or ethnic group. Depression is never a “normal” part of life, no matter what your age, gender or health situation. Suicide is the 12th leading cause of death overall in New York. On average, one person dies by suicide every five hours in the state.
For more information, call 315-735-5246, extension 25 or 34, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The event can be found on Facebook at www.facebook.com/UticaMHA.
For more information on the Bee Rose Foundation, visit www.gofundme.com/bee-rose-foundation or youtu.be/ZhK54Kg1X6s.
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255.
Upstate Family Health Center adds to team
Four added to MVHS medical staff
Christmas House opens at Fusion Art & Gift Gallery
Three Masters exhibit opens in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 11/20/18Christmas House opens at Fusion Art & Gift Gallery
- 4:00pm 11/20/18Three Masters exhibit opens in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 11/20/18Talk tackles the prison state and education system
- 4:00pm 11/20/18Sunset Nursing hosts bazaar
- 4:00pm 11/20/18Ladies of the Dorf meet Nov. 30
- 4:00pm 11/20/18Alzheimer’s Awareness Breakfast Nov. 27
- 4:00pm 11/19/18Senior center to screen film ‘Sully’ Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/19/18Upstate Family Health Center adds to team
- 4:00pm 11/19/18Four added to MVHS medical staff
- 4:00pm 11/19/18November is Bladder Health Awareness Month