Addiction support offered
Families dealing with the problems of addiction can find help and information at a support group meeting from 6-7 p.m., Monday, March 19, in the second floor classroom at Rome Memorial Hospital.
The group meets the third Monday of each month and is free and open to everyone.
Offered by the hospital’s Community Recovery Center, the Family Support Group provides: an opportunity to discuss issues with others who are in the same situation, education, monthly support, development of communication skills that will work with those suffering from addiction, development and utilization of boundaries, the opportunity to address any questions or concerns and community resources and/or referrals.
Certified by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services, the Community Recovery Center, 264 W. Dominick St., offers alcohol and substance abuse treatment for adolescents and adults. Hours are Monday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Tuesday-Thursday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
For more information about the Family Support Group or the Community Recovery Center, call 315-334-4701.
Surgical specialists, sleep medicine practices moving
Pain free following surgery, patient expresses his appreciation for neurosurgeon
Tractor safety course scheduled
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Tractor safety course scheduled
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Diamond anniversary
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Celebrating 50 years
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Center offers flu shots Friday
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Pancakes served Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Ladies breakfast club meets Oct. 26
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Evans descendants gather
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Dorfman hosts Psychic Fair
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Gardners of Rome gather at center
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Rome Community Theater to present six one-act plays