Addiction support meeting for families Feb. 20
Families dealing with the problems of addiction can find help and information at a support group meeting 6-7 p.m., Monday, Feb. 20, in the second floor classroom at Rome Memorial Hospital. The group meets the third Monday of each month and is free and open to everyone.
Offered by the hospital’s Community Recovery Center, the Family Support Group provides:
- An opportunity to discuss issues with others who are in the same situation.
- Monthly support.
- Development of communication skills that will work with those suffering from addiction.
- Development and utilization of boundaries.
- The opportunity to address any questions or concerns.
- Community resources and/or referrals.
Certified by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services, the Community Recovery Center, 264 W. Dominick St., offers alcohol and substance abuse treatment for adolescents and adults. Open Monday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Tuesday-Thursday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., the center participates with most major insurance programs, including Medicare and Medicaid. A sliding scale fee is available for self-pay clients.
For more information about the Family Support Group or the Community Recovery Center, call 315-334-4701.
Officials warn threat of blue-green algae still lurks in lakes
Advocates for disabled seek federal help to reform state procedures
Nominations sought for Celebrating Life Event
Turkey dinner in Westernville benefits mission projects
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Nominations sought for Celebrating Life Event
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Parkinson’s Awareness Walk Saturday
- 4:00pm 09/18/17Diabetes adult support group meets Sept. 21
- 4:00pm 09/18/17Brain Aneurysm Awareness benefit dinner Sept. 24
- 4:00pm 09/18/17Off to a good start with healthy school lunches
- 4:00pm 09/18/17Caring for the caregiver class begins Oct. 4
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Officials warn threat of blue-green algae still lurks in lakes
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Turkey dinner in Westernville benefits mission projects
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Chicken and biscuits served in Westmoreland Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Bake and bag sales in Floyd