Addiction support meeting for families Feb. 20
Families dealing with the problems of addiction can find help and information at a support group meeting 6-7 p.m., Monday, Feb. 20, in the second floor classroom at Rome Memorial Hospital. The group meets the third Monday of each month and is free and open to everyone.
Offered by the hospital’s Community Recovery Center, the Family Support Group provides:
- An opportunity to discuss issues with others who are in the same situation.
- Monthly support.
- Development of communication skills that will work with those suffering from addiction.
- Development and utilization of boundaries.
- The opportunity to address any questions or concerns.
- Community resources and/or referrals.
Certified by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services, the Community Recovery Center, 264 W. Dominick St., offers alcohol and substance abuse treatment for adolescents and adults. Open Monday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Tuesday-Thursday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., the center participates with most major insurance programs, including Medicare and Medicaid. A sliding scale fee is available for self-pay clients.
For more information about the Family Support Group or the Community Recovery Center, call 315-334-4701.
Hospital’s Expo booth focuses on women’s health services
Pulmonary, sleep practice opens at Griffiss
40th anniversary concert Sunday
Women’s suffrage talk tonight in Oneida Library
- 4:00pm 04/26/1740th anniversary concert Sunday
- 4:00pm 04/26/17Makeup design workshop offered
- 4:00pm 04/26/17Adirondack Chorus members share their memories
- 4:00pm 04/26/17Women’s suffrage talk tonight in Oneida Library
- 4:00pm 04/26/17Metal detecting program Thursday
- 4:00pm 04/26/17‘In God’s House’ film joins photo show in Other Side
- 4:00pm 04/26/17New England invasion into New York topic Saturday
- 4:00pm 04/26/17Jazz Fest exhibit due May 3
- 4:00pm 04/26/17Edible Agriculture program for children offered May 6
- 4:00pm 04/25/17Arts Hall of Fame tickets available at Capitol Theater during office hours