Addiction support meeting for families Feb. 20
Families dealing with the problems of addiction can find help and information at a support group meeting 6-7 p.m., Monday, Feb. 20, in the second floor classroom at Rome Memorial Hospital. The group meets the third Monday of each month and is free and open to everyone.
Offered by the hospital’s Community Recovery Center, the Family Support Group provides:
- An opportunity to discuss issues with others who are in the same situation.
- Monthly support.
- Development of communication skills that will work with those suffering from addiction.
- Development and utilization of boundaries.
- The opportunity to address any questions or concerns.
- Community resources and/or referrals.
Certified by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services, the Community Recovery Center, 264 W. Dominick St., offers alcohol and substance abuse treatment for adolescents and adults. Open Monday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Tuesday-Thursday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., the center participates with most major insurance programs, including Medicare and Medicaid. A sliding scale fee is available for self-pay clients.
For more information about the Family Support Group or the Community Recovery Center, call 315-334-4701.
Hot cars can be dangerous for kids, pets, warn officials
Rome Family YMCA makes splash with new hydro spin program
Mount Calvary Vacation Bible School starts Monday
Balsam Pillow sewing bee July 29
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Mount Calvary Vacation Bible School starts Monday
- 4:00pm 07/22/1775th Strawberry Shortcake Social adds raffle
- 4:00pm 07/22/17AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Free dinner, music on green due in Verona Thursday
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Muster Day meal Friday in First Baptist Church
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Foothills seeks school supplies
- 4:00pm 07/22/17‘God is incomprehensible’
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Balsam Pillow sewing bee July 29
- 4:00pm 07/21/17Food Truck Festival at Stanley Aug. 5
- 4:00pm 07/21/17Cancer victim getting wish