Addiction support meeting for families Feb. 20
Families dealing with the problems of addiction can find help and information at a support group meeting 6-7 p.m., Monday, Feb. 20, in the second floor classroom at Rome Memorial Hospital. The group meets the third Monday of each month and is free and open to everyone.
Offered by the hospital’s Community Recovery Center, the Family Support Group provides:
- An opportunity to discuss issues with others who are in the same situation.
- Monthly support.
- Development of communication skills that will work with those suffering from addiction.
- Development and utilization of boundaries.
- The opportunity to address any questions or concerns.
- Community resources and/or referrals.
Certified by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services, the Community Recovery Center, 264 W. Dominick St., offers alcohol and substance abuse treatment for adolescents and adults. Open Monday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Tuesday-Thursday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., the center participates with most major insurance programs, including Medicare and Medicaid. A sliding scale fee is available for self-pay clients.
For more information about the Family Support Group or the Community Recovery Center, call 315-334-4701.
Doctor joins Advanced Physical Medicine and Rehab
Twigs to honor doctors Desai, Giustra at annual Tree of Lights Event
Embrace righteous life in receipt of God’s grace
Church gathers gifts for Operation Christmas Child
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Embrace righteous life in receipt of God’s grace
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Church gathers gifts for Operation Christmas Child
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Rome pastors offer joint service Sunday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Thanksgiving bake sale Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Holiday service in Whitesboro Wednesday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Gathering Thanksgiving Eve at St. John’s
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Christmas at the Corner Friday
- 4:00pm 11/17/17Mayor speaks at Ava Dorfman Senior Center
- 4:00pm 11/17/17Food $en$e sign-ups today
- 4:00pm 11/17/17Area happenings