Addiction support meeting for families Feb. 20
Families dealing with the problems of addiction can find help and information at a support group meeting 6-7 p.m., Monday, Feb. 20, in the second floor classroom at Rome Memorial Hospital. The group meets the third Monday of each month and is free and open to everyone.
Offered by the hospital’s Community Recovery Center, the Family Support Group provides:
- An opportunity to discuss issues with others who are in the same situation.
- Monthly support.
- Development of communication skills that will work with those suffering from addiction.
- Development and utilization of boundaries.
- The opportunity to address any questions or concerns.
- Community resources and/or referrals.
Certified by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services, the Community Recovery Center, 264 W. Dominick St., offers alcohol and substance abuse treatment for adolescents and adults. Open Monday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Tuesday-Thursday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., the center participates with most major insurance programs, including Medicare and Medicaid. A sliding scale fee is available for self-pay clients.
For more information about the Family Support Group or the Community Recovery Center, call 315-334-4701.
Heart health important for wound healing
Physician assistant joins Waterville office
Ava Dorfman Senior Center holds picnic
Oscar-nominated shorts have limited shows
- 4:00pm 02/23/17Ava Dorfman Senior Center holds picnic
- 4:00pm 02/23/17Oscar-nominated shorts have limited shows
- 4:00pm 02/23/17Documentary explores lives of civil rights activists
- 4:00pm 02/23/17Minetti String Quartet featured Sunday in Chamber Music concert
- 4:00pm 02/23/17Pianist performs free concert March 1
- 4:00pm 02/23/17Orleans tickets on sale Friday
- 4:00pm 02/23/17Area happenings
- 4:00pm 02/23/17Memories and reflections for violin and piano Saturday
- 4:00pm 02/23/17Three masterpieces in Colgate performance
- 4:00pm 02/23/17Vernon Historical plans Show and Tell Tuesday