Addiction support for families meets Aug. 20
Families dealing with the problems of addiction can find help and information at a support group meeting from 6-7 p.m., Monday, Aug. 20, in the second floor classroom at Rome Memorial Hospital.
The group meets the third Monday of each month and is free and open to everyone.
Offered by the hospital’s Community Recovery Center, the Family Support Group provides: an opportunity to discuss issues with others who are in the same situation, education, monthly support, development of communication skills that will work with those suffering from addiction, development and utilization of boundaries, the opportunity to address any questions or concerns and community resources and/or referrals.
Certified by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services, the Community Recovery Center, 264 W. Dominick St., offers alcohol and substance abuse treatment for adolescents and adults. Hours are Monday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Tuesday-Thursday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
For more information about the Family Support Group or the Community Recovery Center, call 315-334-4701.
Medical group welcomes new primary care providers
Spine specialist featured during Health Night program at MVCC
Flashlight tours part of First Friday fun
Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Flashlight tours part of First Friday fun
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Grace Union marks 129th anniversary
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Church to host Harvest Dinner
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Dinner, dancing in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Retreat House offers First Friday Day of Prayer
- 4:00pm 09/21/184-H Youth Participate in Vernon Downs Track Tour
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Fall planting class Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Sign-up for October Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 09/20/18MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29