Woody Allen drama stars Kate Winslet, Justin Timberlake
Cinema Capitol, 230 W. Dominick St., will present the drama “Wonder Wheel” from Dec. 29 through Jan. 4.
Directed by Woody Allen, “Wonder Wheel” tells the story of four characters whose lives intertwine amid the hustle and bustle of the Coney Island amusement park in the 1950s: Ginny (Kate Winslet), an emotionally volatile former actress now working as a waitress in a clam house; Humpty (Jim Belushi), Ginny’s rough-hewn carousel operator husband; Mickey (Justin Timberlake), a handsome young lifeguard who dreams of becoming a playwright; and Carolina (Juno Temple), Humpty’s long-estranged daughter, who is now hiding out from gangsters at her father’s apartment. Cinematographer Vittorio Storaro captures a tale of passion, violence and betrayal that plays out against the picturesque tableau of 1950s Coney Island.
The Associated Press writes that “Wonder Wheel” includes a “stunning performance by Winslet and some beautiful cinematography by Vittorio Storaro.” The New York Daily News also praises the lead actress, writing “Winslet is terrific, with a big, emotional, awards-bait scene at the end.”
The movie runs 101 minutes and is rated PG-13 (for thematic content including some sexuality, language and smoking). Admission is $7, $6 for students and military and $5 for Capitol Friends. Tickets are available at the door and in advance from the Capitol Theatre box office (315-337-6453) and online at www.romecapitol.com. Show times are Friday and Saturday at 4 and 7, Sunday at 1 and 4, and Monday-Thursday at 7. The Friday 4 and Sunday 1 show times will include captions for the hearing-impaired.
MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29
‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ starts RCT season
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Flashlight tours part of First Friday fun
- 4:00pm 09/20/18MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29
- 4:00pm 09/20/18‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ starts RCT season
- 4:00pm 09/20/18‘Dogumentary’ follows quest of puppy litter
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Jankiewicz performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 09/20/18CNY Royalty and Rogues Festival comes to Stittville
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Capitol screens ‘Bad Reputation’ Wednesday
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Film ‘Bel Canto’ features voice of singer Renée Fleming
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Peter, Paul and George perform Saturday in Oneida
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Opera ‘The Falling and the Rising’ Sunday at View