Watercolors exhibit on view in Kallet
ONEIDA — The Kallet Civic Center, 159 Main St., is hosting a watercolor exhibit by Jana Kolowrat Laxa through the second week in May. The free exhibit is in the Kallet’s Griffing Gallery and is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. until 2 pm.
Laxa emigrated from Czechoslovakia, now the Czech Republic, and settled with her family in Massachusetts. She began her painting career by decorating plaster replicas of gingerbread for her family’s business.
Laxa later learned the European style of reverse-glass painting using acrylic paints. She received a fine arts degree in painting from Syracuse University in 2003 and soon afterwards began using watercolors with the goal of illustrating her mother’s children’s stories.
The Kallet is hosting a free reception for Laxa on Friday, April 21 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Capitol screens ‘All the Money in the World’
Gibson Brothers perform Jan. 26
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Capitol screens ‘All the Money in the World’
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Gibson Brothers perform Jan. 26
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Bluegrass jam Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Ultimate Aldean concert Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Riggies, Greens and Rock Sunday
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Wine Tasting event aids Foothills programs
- 4:00pm 01/16/18Swamp Drivers visit Kallet Civic Cente
- 4:00pm 01/11/18Good Nature brewery marks anniversary
- 4:00pm 01/11/18The Illusionists perform Tuesday
- 4:00pm 01/11/18Capitol Cinema presents Golden Globe-Winning Churchill biopic