Watercolors exhibit on view in Kallet
ONEIDA — The Kallet Civic Center, 159 Main St., is hosting a watercolor exhibit by Jana Kolowrat Laxa through the second week in May. The free exhibit is in the Kallet’s Griffing Gallery and is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. until 2 pm.
Laxa emigrated from Czechoslovakia, now the Czech Republic, and settled with her family in Massachusetts. She began her painting career by decorating plaster replicas of gingerbread for her family’s business.
Laxa later learned the European style of reverse-glass painting using acrylic paints. She received a fine arts degree in painting from Syracuse University in 2003 and soon afterwards began using watercolors with the goal of illustrating her mother’s children’s stories.
The Kallet is hosting a free reception for Laxa on Friday, April 21 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Alliance Classical Players announce summer concerts
Film documents the work of Pope Francis
- 4:00pm 06/15/18RCT Talent Team presents a Night of One Acts Saturday
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Alliance Classical Players announce summer concerts
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Cinema Capitol celebrates Pride Month with ‘The Misandrists’
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Film documents the work of Pope Francis
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Country gospel concert Saturday
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Constable Hall hosts annual Arts & Craft Show, Car Cruise-In June 17
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/14/18April Verch Band performs Friday at View
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Cinema continues Studio Ghibli and Miyazaki series
- 4:00pm 06/14/18‘Perry Pareé’ on stage Friday, Saturday in Hamilton