Watercolors exhibit on view in Kallet
ONEIDA — The Kallet Civic Center, 159 Main St., is hosting a watercolor exhibit by Jana Kolowrat Laxa through the second week in May. The free exhibit is in the Kallet’s Griffing Gallery and is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. until 2 pm.
Laxa emigrated from Czechoslovakia, now the Czech Republic, and settled with her family in Massachusetts. She began her painting career by decorating plaster replicas of gingerbread for her family’s business.
Laxa later learned the European style of reverse-glass painting using acrylic paints. She received a fine arts degree in painting from Syracuse University in 2003 and soon afterwards began using watercolors with the goal of illustrating her mother’s children’s stories.
The Kallet is hosting a free reception for Laxa on Friday, April 21 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Cinema presents comedy-horror ‘Tragedy Girls’
Film depicts youth of famous serial killer
- 4:00pm 11/17/17Area happenings
- 4:00pm 11/16/17Cinema presents comedy-horror ‘Tragedy Girls’
- 4:00pm 11/16/17Film depicts youth of famous serial killer
- 4:00pm 11/16/17Capitol offers ‘The Thing’ double feature Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/16/17Harry Dean Stanton in one of his final roles
- 4:00pm 11/16/17Concert Sunday aids artist residency scholarship fund
- 4:00pm 11/16/17Holiday mystery gifts at View
- 4:00pm 11/16/17American Chamber Players perform at MWPAI Sunday
- 4:00pm 11/16/17View offers holiday activities Nov. 24-25
- 4:00pm 11/16/17-