Watercolors exhibit on view in Kallet
ONEIDA — The Kallet Civic Center, 159 Main St., is hosting a watercolor exhibit by Jana Kolowrat Laxa through the second week in May. The free exhibit is in the Kallet’s Griffing Gallery and is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. until 2 pm.
Laxa emigrated from Czechoslovakia, now the Czech Republic, and settled with her family in Massachusetts. She began her painting career by decorating plaster replicas of gingerbread for her family’s business.
Laxa later learned the European style of reverse-glass painting using acrylic paints. She received a fine arts degree in painting from Syracuse University in 2003 and soon afterwards began using watercolors with the goal of illustrating her mother’s children’s stories.
The Kallet is hosting a free reception for Laxa on Friday, April 21 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Film ‘Marjorie Prime’ based on pulitzer-nominated play
Capitol screens critically-acclaimed drama
- 4:00pm 09/14/17Film ‘Marjorie Prime’ based on pulitzer-nominated play
- 4:00pm 09/14/17Capitol screens critically-acclaimed drama
- 4:00pm 09/14/17Toby Foyeh and Orchestra Africa perform Friday at MVCC
- 4:00pm 09/14/17Phantom sequel on Stanley stage Sept. 22-24
- 4:00pm 09/14/17Area happenings
- 4:00pm 09/14/17Hamilton brewery hosts Wrecktoberfest Sept. 23-24
- 4:00pm 09/14/17Classified marks 25 years with concert Sept. 22
- 4:00pm 09/14/17Japanese musicians perform Sunday in Hamilton
- 4:00pm 09/14/17Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/14/173rd Annual ViewFest Sept. 22-24