Watercolors exhibit on view in Kallet
ONEIDA — The Kallet Civic Center, 159 Main St., is hosting a watercolor exhibit by Jana Kolowrat Laxa through the second week in May. The free exhibit is in the Kallet’s Griffing Gallery and is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. until 2 pm.
Laxa emigrated from Czechoslovakia, now the Czech Republic, and settled with her family in Massachusetts. She began her painting career by decorating plaster replicas of gingerbread for her family’s business.
Laxa later learned the European style of reverse-glass painting using acrylic paints. She received a fine arts degree in painting from Syracuse University in 2003 and soon afterwards began using watercolors with the goal of illustrating her mother’s children’s stories.
The Kallet is hosting a free reception for Laxa on Friday, April 21 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Polish Horror Musical on screen in Out After Midnight
‘Trainspotting’ cast returns in sequel
- 4:00pm 04/22/17Lasagna dinner aids roofing fund
- 4:00pm 04/21/17Polish Horror Musical on screen in Out After Midnight
- 4:00pm 04/20/17‘Trainspotting’ cast returns in sequel
- 4:00pm 04/20/17Odeon ‘Concert for a Cause’ benefits environmental group
- 4:00pm 04/20/17Grammy winner plays in Jazz Series Saturday
- 4:00pm 04/20/17Area happenings
- 4:00pm 04/20/17Lottery starts for $25 tickets to ‘Rent’ on tour in Utica
- 4:00pm 04/20/17Turning Stone lists concerts
- 4:00pm 04/20/17Ballroom dance Saturday
- 4:00pm 04/20/17Free concert at Colgate Sunday