Watercolors exhibit on view in Kallet
ONEIDA — The Kallet Civic Center, 159 Main St., is hosting a watercolor exhibit by Jana Kolowrat Laxa through the second week in May. The free exhibit is in the Kallet’s Griffing Gallery and is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. until 2 pm.
Laxa emigrated from Czechoslovakia, now the Czech Republic, and settled with her family in Massachusetts. She began her painting career by decorating plaster replicas of gingerbread for her family’s business.
Laxa later learned the European style of reverse-glass painting using acrylic paints. She received a fine arts degree in painting from Syracuse University in 2003 and soon afterwards began using watercolors with the goal of illustrating her mother’s children’s stories.
The Kallet is hosting a free reception for Laxa on Friday, April 21 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Cinema Capitol screens tale of heroic dog
Henry V in Hamilton Saturday
- 4:00pm 07/21/17Food Truck Festival at Stanley Aug. 5
- 4:00pm 07/20/17Cinema Capitol screens tale of heroic dog
- 4:00pm 07/20/17Henry V in Hamilton Saturday
- 4:00pm 07/20/17Unity Hall presents Jack & The Jukebox Saturday
- 4:00pm 07/20/17The Cadleys perform free concert Saturday
- 4:00pm 07/20/17John Kirk and Trish Miller play fiddlers’ hall Sunday
- 4:00pm 07/20/17Musicians perform at Old Forge arts fest
- 4:00pm 07/20/17Evening of traditional stories, songs in Old Forge Tuesday
- 4:00pm 07/20/17Area happenings
- 4:00pm 07/20/17Center marks ADA July 26