Violinist, Symphoria team for concert at college
CLINTON — Hamilton College Performing Arts presents Symphoria at 3 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 19, in Wellin Hall, Schambach Center.
Tickets are $20, $15 for senior citizens and Hamilton employees, and $5 for students. All seating is general admission. For tickets, call the box office at 315-859-4331 or visit www.hamilton.edu/performingarts.
Symphoria returns with conductor Lawrence Loh and violinist Elina Vähälä for a performance of Corigliano’s “The Red Violin Concerto,” Mackey’s “Redline Tango,” Barber’s “Symphony No. 1” and Gershwin’s “An American in Paris.”
Born in the United States and raised in Finland, violinist Elina Vähälä made her concerto debut at the age of 12 with the Sinfonia Lahti. In 1993 she was chosen to carry the title ”Young Master Soloist” of the Sinfonia Lahti, and since then she has performed regularly with Sinfonia Lahti and other orchestras throughout the world. This is her first engagement with Symphoria.
Symphoria is the orchestra of Musical Associates of CNY, a not-for-profit organization made up of nearly 50 members of the former Syracuse Symphony Orchestra. The group’s mission is to build community through the power of great music, and in so doing, enhance the economic vitality and quality of life in Central New York.
The Performing Arts Series is sponsored, in part, by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of state taxpayers.
Cinema presents comedy-horror ‘Tragedy Girls’
Film depicts youth of famous serial killer
- 4:00pm 11/17/17Area happenings
- 4:00pm 11/16/17Cinema presents comedy-horror ‘Tragedy Girls’
- 4:00pm 11/16/17Film depicts youth of famous serial killer
- 4:00pm 11/16/17Capitol offers ‘The Thing’ double feature Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/16/17Harry Dean Stanton in one of his final roles
- 4:00pm 11/16/17Concert Sunday aids artist residency scholarship fund
- 4:00pm 11/16/17Holiday mystery gifts at View
- 4:00pm 11/16/17American Chamber Players perform at MWPAI Sunday
- 4:00pm 11/16/17View offers holiday activities Nov. 24-25
- 4:00pm 11/16/17-