Unity Hall hosts Colleen Kattau Saturday
BARNEVELD — Colleen Kattau, a bilingual vocalist, song-maker and dynamic performer whose Latin-influenced indy eclectic folk fusion music has been described as “power and beauty steeping in a fine tea,” and Dos XX, will perform at Unity Hall at 8 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 9.
Admission for this show will be $10 for Unity Hall Foundation members and $12 for the general public. Doors open at 7:30pm.
The event is sponsored by the Unity Hall Foundation, a not-for-profit organization founded in 1995 to maintain the 1896 hall as a center for the arts and community activities in Barneveld. The hall is available for public and private functions. Tickets may be purchased locally at The Adirondack Cheese Company. Tickets and information about this and other Unity Hall events are available online at www.unityhall.com, and Facebook/HistoricUnityHall.
Kattau has toured with Holly Near, performed on Democracy Now and shared the stage with Pete Seeger who categorized her as a great singer and organizer at the same time. She won the 2013 Grassroots band contest performing solo and also with her Gringa-Latin group Dos XX. She is also a selected showcase artist at NERFA and is a commissioned songwriter.
She is an arts worker who believes in the transformative power of song and all the arts to create a more just and beautiful world. Kattau has five albums and has produced three benefit CDs for environmental and peace actions. Her latest music video “Your Place of Freedom” is getting media attention and kudos from respected musicians. Dos XX includes lead guitarist Jane Zell, bassist, Mike Brandt, and Connie Walters on percussion and backing vocals.
Opening for Kattau will be special guest musician and vocalist Cassidi Gerken. At 18, Cassidi has already made a mark on the local music scene.
She has been singing and playing piano since the age of 7, and now is devoting time to creating original songs and producing her first album. She performs her own material and others.
Capitol screens ‘All the Money in the World’
Gibson Brothers perform Jan. 26
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Capitol screens ‘All the Money in the World’
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Gibson Brothers perform Jan. 26
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Bluegrass jam Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Ultimate Aldean concert Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Riggies, Greens and Rock Sunday
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Wine Tasting event aids Foothills programs
- 4:00pm 01/16/18Swamp Drivers visit Kallet Civic Cente
- 4:00pm 01/11/18Good Nature brewery marks anniversary
- 4:00pm 01/11/18The Illusionists perform Tuesday
- 4:00pm 01/11/18Capitol Cinema presents Golden Globe-Winning Churchill biopic