ewen Bremner, Ewan McGregor, Johnny Lee Miller, Robert Carlyle in T2 TRAINSPOTTING (Photo submitted)
‘Trainspotting’ cast returns in sequel
Cinema Capitol, 230 W. Dominick St., presents the British dark comedy movie “T2 Trainspotting” April 21-27.
The sequel to the 1996 movie “Trainspotting”, which is listed as #10 on the British Film Institute’s “Top 100 British Films” of all time, “T2 “Trainspotting” stars the original ensemble cast and was also directed by Danny Boyle.
Twenty years after the action of “Trainspotting”, Mark Renton (Ewan McGregor) returns from abroad to Edinburgh, the only place that he can ever call home, and reunites with his old buddies. The unemployed Spud (Ewen Bremner) continues to battle his heroin addiction, cocaine-addicted Sick Boy (Jonny Lee Miller) runs a pub which he inherited from his aunt, and Begbie (Robert Carlyle) is serving a 25-year prison sentence and is denied parole due to his violent temper.
Sorrow, loss, joy, vengeance, hatred, love, fear, regret, self-destruction and mortal danger are also all lined up and ready to welcome Renton.
“Twenty years on from the first movie, Danny Boyle hasn’t lost an ounce of verve he brings to his direction,” writes the Seattle Times. Fort Worth Weekly also writes that “Boyle and his characters have a few more wrinkles and regrets now, but they haven’t lost their rowdy energy and wit.”
“T2 Trainspotting” runs 117 minutes and is rated R (for drug use, language throughout, strong sexual content, graphic nudity, and some violence).
Admission is $7 for adults and $5 for Capitol Friends and students. Tickets are available at the door, in advance from the Capitol Theatre box office (315-337-6453), and online at www.romecapitol.com.
“T2 “Trainspotting” runs every day from April 21 through April 27. Show times are Friday and Saturday at 4 and 7:30, Sunday at 1 and 4, and Monday through Thursday at 7:30.
The Friday 4 and Sunday 1 show times will include captions for the hearing-impaired.
Film based on ‘Winnie The Pooh’ creator
Capitol screens holiday classic
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Film based on ‘Winnie The Pooh’ creator
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Capitol screens holiday classic
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Drama stars Harrelson as President Johnson
- 4:00pm 11/22/17‘A Christmas Carol’ concert this weekend in Lowville
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Ladies’ Night event aids Adopt-A-Mom program
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Symphoria concert Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Irish music in Oriskany Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Colgate jazz group performs Dec. 1
- 4:00pm 11/17/17Area happenings
- 4:00pm 11/16/17Cinema presents comedy-horror ‘Tragedy Girls’