FILM STARS — Glenn Close and Jonathan Pryce in “The Wife” (Photo submitted)
‘The Wife’ stars Glenn Close, Jonathan Pryce
Cinema Capitol (230 W. Dominick St.) will present the drama “The Wife” from Friday, Oct. 12-Thursday, Oct. 18.
Joan (Glenn Close) is a highly intelligent and still-striking beauty – the perfect devoted wife. Forty years spent sacrificing her own talent, dreams, and ambitions to fan the flames of her charismatic husband Joe (Jonathan Pryce) and his skyrocketing literary career.
Their fateful pact has built a marriage upon uneven compromises and Joan’s reached her breaking point. On the eve of Joe’s receiving the Nobel Prize, Joan’s coup de grace is to confront the biggest sacrifice of her life and secret of his career. The movie also stars Christian Slater, Max Irons, Harry Lloyd, and Elizabeth McGovern.
The TORONTO STAR writes “With Glenn Close in the lead role, it’s... unexpectedly poignant and powerful.” REELVIEWS also writes “I wish there were more movies like this one.”
“The Wife” runs 100 minutes and is rated R (for language and some sexual content). Admission is $7, $6 for students and military, and $5 for Capitol Friends. Tickets are available at the door and in advance from the Capitol Theatre box office (315-337-6453) and online at www.romecapitol.com.
Show times are Friday and Saturday at 4:15 and 7:15 p.m., Sunday at 1:15 and 4:15 p.m., and Monday-Thursday at 7:15 p.m. The Friday 4:15 and Sunday 1:15 show times will include captions for the hearing-impaired.
Folk a guitar coffeehouse concert Friday in Clinton
Gryphon Trio performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Cinema Capitol to host ‘out of this world’ double feature
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Ghost and Toast to premier Saturday at Capitol Theater
- 4:00pm 10/18/18‘Love Loss and What I Wore’ to be performed in Utica
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Folk a guitar coffeehouse concert Friday in Clinton
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Gryphon Trio performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/18/18View hosts pancake breakfast, open house
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Cincinnati Creek performs Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/18/18‘Adventures of Tom Sawyer’ opens Oct. 26 at Players of Utica
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Free Big Band concert Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/18/18German Sauerbraten dinner Sunday