‘The Irish and the Erie’ celebration April 17
ORISKANY — Craobh Dugan, the Utica-Rome Chapter of Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann, has released a CD commemorating the Irish contribution to the building of the Erie Canal. There will be a release party at 7:30 p.m. on April 17 at Stockdale’s.
“The Irish and the Erie” was developed by Mike Hoke on the 200th anniversary of the canal’s dedication in Rome. Hoke researched, wrote, and arranged the program which provides an interesting look at the Irish and the canal along with traditional Irish music. The CD contains all the music from the program and was performed by Craobh Dugan members Jim O’Looney, Mike Hoke, Bill Fahy, Mike Carroll, Skip Mansur, Ed Campbell and Sue Romero.
In addition, a booklet giving more detail on the music and production is included, as well as links to the group’s website for more detailed information.
The CD was produced by Bill Fahy, recorded locally by Jim Inman of Shack #9 Studios in Holland Patent, with graphic design for the cover and booklet by Sue Romero. The project was funded by Craobh Dugan and by a Meitheal grant from the government of Ireland. The CD can be purchased locally at all Craobh Dugan events, or online via the group’s website www.uticairish.org. Digital downloads are also available through CD Baby.
The release party is open to the public and will be held along with the regular session. The group will perform “The Irish and Erie” program at several venues in the upcoming months. To schedule a performance contact Bill Fahy at email@example.com.
Western-comedy features Pattinson, Wasikowska
Nick Offerman stars in ‘feel good’ film
- 4:00pm 07/12/18Western-comedy features Pattinson, Wasikowska
- 4:00pm 07/12/18Nick Offerman stars in ‘feel good’ film
- 4:00pm 07/12/18Fright Night Series features ‘The Devil’s Doorway’
- 4:00pm 07/12/18RCT announces 65th season
- 4:00pm 07/12/18Irish music session July 17
- 4:00pm 07/12/18Tale as old as time at View
- 4:00pm 07/11/18‘Mary Poppins – The Musical’ takes stage at Capitol
- 4:00pm 07/05/18Adirondack storyteller Bill Smith performs Tuesday
- 4:00pm 07/05/18Family show ‘Snow White’ at View
- 4:00pm 07/05/18Capitol screens film based on Rome’s World Series of Bocce