‘The Irish and the Erie’ celebration April 17
ORISKANY — Craobh Dugan, the Utica-Rome Chapter of Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann, has released a CD commemorating the Irish contribution to the building of the Erie Canal. There will be a release party at 7:30 p.m. on April 17 at Stockdale’s.
“The Irish and the Erie” was developed by Mike Hoke on the 200th anniversary of the canal’s dedication in Rome. Hoke researched, wrote, and arranged the program which provides an interesting look at the Irish and the canal along with traditional Irish music. The CD contains all the music from the program and was performed by Craobh Dugan members Jim O’Looney, Mike Hoke, Bill Fahy, Mike Carroll, Skip Mansur, Ed Campbell and Sue Romero.
In addition, a booklet giving more detail on the music and production is included, as well as links to the group’s website for more detailed information.
The CD was produced by Bill Fahy, recorded locally by Jim Inman of Shack #9 Studios in Holland Patent, with graphic design for the cover and booklet by Sue Romero. The project was funded by Craobh Dugan and by a Meitheal grant from the government of Ireland. The CD can be purchased locally at all Craobh Dugan events, or online via the group’s website www.uticairish.org. Digital downloads are also available through CD Baby.
The release party is open to the public and will be held along with the regular session. The group will perform “The Irish and Erie” program at several venues in the upcoming months. To schedule a performance contact Bill Fahy at email@example.com.
MVCC hosts 15th annual Uticon Sept. 23
Family Favorites Series features Disney classic
- 4:00pm 09/15/18MVCC hosts 15th annual Uticon Sept. 23
- 4:00pm 09/14/18MWPAI to host regional premiere screening of ‘We the Animals’
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Family Favorites Series features Disney classic
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Drama based upon the novel ‘The Bookshop’
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Hamilton College hosts Molsky’s Mountain Drifters Sept. 21
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Open Mic Night at Players of Utica
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Historical society collaborates on ‘Shattered Angel’ performance
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Tickets on sale for Chris Botti concert at Stanley
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Lava at Turning Stone hosts Ja Rule, Ginuwine, Bone Thugs-n-Harmony
- 4:00pm 09/13/18City Fiddle Band performance Sunday