Keith Kirchoff (Photo submitted)
‘The Electroacoustic Piano’ concert Friday
CLINTON — The Hamilton College Department of Music presents pianist and composer Keith Kirchoff, in “The Electroacoustic Piano,” at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, in Wellin Hall, Schambach Center.
The program of new works for piano and computer features new compositions from a variety of artists, including visiting assistant professor of music Ryan Carter.
Kirchoff is a pianist, composer, conductor, concert curator and teacher. He works to promote under-recognized composers and educates audiences of the importance of new and experimental music. An active lecturer who has presented in countries throughout the world, his recital programs focus on the integration of computers and modern electronics into a traditional classical performance space.
The ongoing project supports and promotes new works for piano and electronics. Started in 2009, it has commissioned over 30 composers and been presented throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Belgium, Germany, New Zealand, Australia and England.
This concert is free and open to the public.
For more information, visit www.hamilton.edu/performingarts or call the box office at 315-859-4331.
MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29
‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ starts RCT season
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Flashlight tours part of First Friday fun
- 4:00pm 09/20/18MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29
- 4:00pm 09/20/18‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ starts RCT season
- 4:00pm 09/20/18‘Dogumentary’ follows quest of puppy litter
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Jankiewicz performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 09/20/18CNY Royalty and Rogues Festival comes to Stittville
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Capitol screens ‘Bad Reputation’ Wednesday
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Film ‘Bel Canto’ features voice of singer Renée Fleming
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Peter, Paul and George perform Saturday in Oneida
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Opera ‘The Falling and the Rising’ Sunday at View