Keith Kirchoff (Photo submitted)
‘The Electroacoustic Piano’ concert Friday
CLINTON — The Hamilton College Department of Music presents pianist and composer Keith Kirchoff, in “The Electroacoustic Piano,” at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, in Wellin Hall, Schambach Center.
The program of new works for piano and computer features new compositions from a variety of artists, including visiting assistant professor of music Ryan Carter.
Kirchoff is a pianist, composer, conductor, concert curator and teacher. He works to promote under-recognized composers and educates audiences of the importance of new and experimental music. An active lecturer who has presented in countries throughout the world, his recital programs focus on the integration of computers and modern electronics into a traditional classical performance space.
The ongoing project supports and promotes new works for piano and electronics. Started in 2009, it has commissioned over 30 composers and been presented throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Belgium, Germany, New Zealand, Australia and England.
This concert is free and open to the public.
For more information, visit www.hamilton.edu/performingarts or call the box office at 315-859-4331.
Cinema presents comedy-horror ‘Tragedy Girls’
Film depicts youth of famous serial killer
- 4:00pm 11/17/17Area happenings
- 4:00pm 11/16/17Cinema presents comedy-horror ‘Tragedy Girls’
- 4:00pm 11/16/17Film depicts youth of famous serial killer
- 4:00pm 11/16/17Capitol offers ‘The Thing’ double feature Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/16/17Harry Dean Stanton in one of his final roles
- 4:00pm 11/16/17Concert Sunday aids artist residency scholarship fund
- 4:00pm 11/16/17Holiday mystery gifts at View
- 4:00pm 11/16/17American Chamber Players perform at MWPAI Sunday
- 4:00pm 11/16/17View offers holiday activities Nov. 24-25
- 4:00pm 11/16/17-