Keith Kirchoff (Photo submitted)
‘The Electroacoustic Piano’ concert Friday
CLINTON — The Hamilton College Department of Music presents pianist and composer Keith Kirchoff, in “The Electroacoustic Piano,” at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, in Wellin Hall, Schambach Center.
The program of new works for piano and computer features new compositions from a variety of artists, including visiting assistant professor of music Ryan Carter.
Kirchoff is a pianist, composer, conductor, concert curator and teacher. He works to promote under-recognized composers and educates audiences of the importance of new and experimental music. An active lecturer who has presented in countries throughout the world, his recital programs focus on the integration of computers and modern electronics into a traditional classical performance space.
The ongoing project supports and promotes new works for piano and electronics. Started in 2009, it has commissioned over 30 composers and been presented throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Belgium, Germany, New Zealand, Australia and England.
This concert is free and open to the public.
For more information, visit www.hamilton.edu/performingarts or call the box office at 315-859-4331.
Acclaimed teen pianist performs Sunday at Colgate
Andrew Collins Trio performs Saturday
- 4:00pm 02/15/18Acclaimed teen pianist performs Sunday at Colgate
- 4:00pm 02/15/18Andrew Collins Trio performs Saturday
- 4:00pm 02/15/18Cinema screens Daniel Day-Lewis’ likely final film
- 4:00pm 02/15/18Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 02/15/18Cartoon Madness returns to Capitol Theatre
- 4:00pm 02/15/18Camden coffee house hosts Elvis impersonator Saturday
- 4:00pm 02/15/18Chicken BBQ aids snowmobile club
- 4:00pm 02/15/18Cinema offers Oscar nominated short films
- 4:00pm 02/15/18Cinematic shadow puppet show Saturday at Hamilton College
- 4:00pm 02/15/18Bluegrass jam Saturday