Keith Kirchoff (Photo submitted)
‘The Electroacoustic Piano’ concert Friday
CLINTON — The Hamilton College Department of Music presents pianist and composer Keith Kirchoff, in “The Electroacoustic Piano,” at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, in Wellin Hall, Schambach Center.
The program of new works for piano and computer features new compositions from a variety of artists, including visiting assistant professor of music Ryan Carter.
Kirchoff is a pianist, composer, conductor, concert curator and teacher. He works to promote under-recognized composers and educates audiences of the importance of new and experimental music. An active lecturer who has presented in countries throughout the world, his recital programs focus on the integration of computers and modern electronics into a traditional classical performance space.
The ongoing project supports and promotes new works for piano and electronics. Started in 2009, it has commissioned over 30 composers and been presented throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Belgium, Germany, New Zealand, Australia and England.
This concert is free and open to the public.
For more information, visit www.hamilton.edu/performingarts or call the box office at 315-859-4331.
Alliance Classical Players announce summer concerts
Film documents the work of Pope Francis
- 4:00pm 06/15/18RCT Talent Team presents a Night of One Acts Saturday
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Alliance Classical Players announce summer concerts
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Cinema Capitol celebrates Pride Month with ‘The Misandrists’
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Film documents the work of Pope Francis
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Country gospel concert Saturday
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Constable Hall hosts annual Arts & Craft Show, Car Cruise-In June 17
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/14/18April Verch Band performs Friday at View
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Cinema continues Studio Ghibli and Miyazaki series
- 4:00pm 06/14/18‘Perry Pareé’ on stage Friday, Saturday in Hamilton