Teen plays fiddler’s hall Sunday
OSCEOLA — Clark Benjamin, age 15, of Trumansburg, will make his debut as guest artist with a concert of old time fiddle music, 2-5 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 13, at the North American Fiddlers’ Hall of Fame and Museum, 1121 Comins Road.
His concert will culminate a weekend spent sharing his skills with 30 young people at the Museum’s annual Kids’ Kamp. This free concert is sponsored in part by the New York State Council on the Arts, a state agency, with the support of Gov. Andrew Cuomo and the state Legislature.
Benjamin completed his freshman year as a high honor student at Trumansburg Central School, where he played bassoon in the band. He showed an early interest in music and began lessons at age 7 with teacher and mentor, Bill Gregg. He learned some basic tunes and found he enjoyed traditional fiddle music.
He has participated in many local talent shows and played multiple times at the Old-Time Fiddlers’ Fair at the Genesee Country Museum, accompanied by Gregg on guitar. He enjoys jamming at gatherings when he can, and was invited two years ago to open for Loren Barrigar and Mark Mazengarb, Syracuse’s international guitar duo, at one of their local concerts. The fiddle is Benjamin’s first love and instrument of choice but he also plays mandolin.
During the concert, listeners are encouraged to tour the museum and check out the newly digitized historic fiddle performances. There is a food concession on site and all facilities are handicapped accessible and enclosable in the event of bad weather. For information visit www.nysotfa.com or call 315-599-7009.
Copper City Brewery hosts Tom Petty tribute band Saturday
Drama features architecture of Columbus, Ind.
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Hogwarts at Hamilton event Oct. 27 and 28
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Copper City Brewery hosts Tom Petty tribute band Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Drama features architecture of Columbus, Ind.
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Rising Stars presents ‘15 Miles on the Erie Canal’ Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Kenny G performs at The Stanley Nov. 5
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Chamber Music Society presents Trio con Brio Copenhagen
- 4:00pm 10/19/17CNY Zombie Prom aids Kallet
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Stanley hosts ‘A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder’
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Jazzin’ It Up at the Other Side Friday
- 4:00pm 10/19/17F.I.L.M. series kicks-off with tribute to David Shepard