Teen plays fiddler’s hall Sunday
OSCEOLA — Clark Benjamin, age 15, of Trumansburg, will make his debut as guest artist with a concert of old time fiddle music, 2-5 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 13, at the North American Fiddlers’ Hall of Fame and Museum, 1121 Comins Road.
His concert will culminate a weekend spent sharing his skills with 30 young people at the Museum’s annual Kids’ Kamp. This free concert is sponsored in part by the New York State Council on the Arts, a state agency, with the support of Gov. Andrew Cuomo and the state Legislature.
Benjamin completed his freshman year as a high honor student at Trumansburg Central School, where he played bassoon in the band. He showed an early interest in music and began lessons at age 7 with teacher and mentor, Bill Gregg. He learned some basic tunes and found he enjoyed traditional fiddle music.
He has participated in many local talent shows and played multiple times at the Old-Time Fiddlers’ Fair at the Genesee Country Museum, accompanied by Gregg on guitar. He enjoys jamming at gatherings when he can, and was invited two years ago to open for Loren Barrigar and Mark Mazengarb, Syracuse’s international guitar duo, at one of their local concerts. The fiddle is Benjamin’s first love and instrument of choice but he also plays mandolin.
During the concert, listeners are encouraged to tour the museum and check out the newly digitized historic fiddle performances. There is a food concession on site and all facilities are handicapped accessible and enclosable in the event of bad weather. For information visit www.nysotfa.com or call 315-599-7009.
Easter Bunny helps Lainey’s Army March 24
Drama depicts actress in her later years
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Tickets available for 31st annual Epicurean Delight
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Easter Bunny helps Lainey’s Army March 24
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Drama depicts actress in her later years
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Dakota Fanning stars in ‘Please Stand By’
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Rattlin’ Bog performs Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Bluegrass jam Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Joseph Daley Tuba Trio performs Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Legion hosts St. Patrick’s Day event
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Pre-Easter fun day March 24
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Bunny Cares event Sunday