Miró String Quartet — From left, John Largess, William Fedkenheuer, Daniel Ching and Joshua Gindele.
String quartet performs Sunday
HAMILTON — The Department of Music at Colgate University will present the Miró String Quartet in concert at 3:30 p.m. on Sunday, in the university Memorial Chapel.
They will perform “Haydn Opus 71, No. 3 in Eb;” “Bartok No. 4;” and “Schumann Opus 41, No. 1.” Funded by The Christian A. Johnson Endeavor Foundation, this concert is free and open to the public.
The quartet has been labeled by The New Yorker as “furiously committed” and noted by the Cleveland Plain-Dealer for their “exceptional tonal focus and interpretive intensity.” For the past 20 years they have performed throughout the world.
Formed in 1995, the Miró Quartet was awarded first prize at several national and international competitions, including the Banff International String Quartet Competition and the Naumburg Chamber Music Competition. Since 2003 the Miró has served as the faculty quartet-in-residence at the University of Texas at Austin’s Sarah and Ernest Butler School of Music.
For more information, or a complete 2017-2018 concert calendar, call Lorraine Joseph at 315-228-7642.
Easter Bunny helps Lainey’s Army March 24
Drama depicts actress in her later years
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Easter Bunny helps Lainey’s Army March 24
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Drama depicts actress in her later years
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Dakota Fanning stars in ‘Please Stand By’
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Rattlin’ Bog performs Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Bluegrass jam Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Joseph Daley Tuba Trio performs Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Legion hosts St. Patrick’s Day event
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Pre-Easter fun day March 24
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Bunny Cares event Sunday
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Irish music session Tuesday