Miró String Quartet — From left, John Largess, William Fedkenheuer, Daniel Ching and Joshua Gindele.
String quartet performs Sunday
HAMILTON — The Department of Music at Colgate University will present the Miró String Quartet in concert at 3:30 p.m. on Sunday, in the university Memorial Chapel.
They will perform “Haydn Opus 71, No. 3 in Eb;” “Bartok No. 4;” and “Schumann Opus 41, No. 1.” Funded by The Christian A. Johnson Endeavor Foundation, this concert is free and open to the public.
The quartet has been labeled by The New Yorker as “furiously committed” and noted by the Cleveland Plain-Dealer for their “exceptional tonal focus and interpretive intensity.” For the past 20 years they have performed throughout the world.
Formed in 1995, the Miró Quartet was awarded first prize at several national and international competitions, including the Banff International String Quartet Competition and the Naumburg Chamber Music Competition. Since 2003 the Miró has served as the faculty quartet-in-residence at the University of Texas at Austin’s Sarah and Ernest Butler School of Music.
For more information, or a complete 2017-2018 concert calendar, call Lorraine Joseph at 315-228-7642.
MVCC hosts 15th annual Uticon Sept. 23
Family Favorites Series features Disney classic
- 4:00pm 09/15/18MVCC hosts 15th annual Uticon Sept. 23
- 4:00pm 09/14/18MWPAI to host regional premiere screening of ‘We the Animals’
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Family Favorites Series features Disney classic
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Drama based upon the novel ‘The Bookshop’
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Hamilton College hosts Molsky’s Mountain Drifters Sept. 21
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Open Mic Night at Players of Utica
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Historical society collaborates on ‘Shattered Angel’ performance
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Tickets on sale for Chris Botti concert at Stanley
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Lava at Turning Stone hosts Ja Rule, Ginuwine, Bone Thugs-n-Harmony
- 4:00pm 09/13/18City Fiddle Band performance Sunday