Spring concerts at Hamilton College Friday, Saturday
CLINTON — The Hamilton College Orchestra and Choir will present their spring concerts in Wellin Hall, Schambach Center for Music and the Performing Arts on Friday and Saturday.
The Hamilton College Orchestra performs at 7:30 p.m. Friday, and the Hamilton College Choir and College Hill Singers perform at 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
Heather Buchman will conduct the Hamilton College Orchestra in their spring concert. The program includes Max Bruch’s Romance for Viola and Orchestra, with Audrey Nadler, viola and Felix Mendelssohn’s incidental music for Midsummer Night’s Dream with Laura Enslin, soprano; Danan Tsan, mezzo soprano; members of the College Hill Singers and Alexa Zildjian, Timothy Hartell, and Austin Ford as narrators.
Jace Saplan conducts the Hamilton College Choir and College Hill Singers in This Land is Your Land, a musical dialogue on immigration. The program includes Perera’s The Golden Door, a cantata based on the lives of immigrants who passed through Ellis Island in the early 1900s, and Mollicone’s Misa De Los immigrantes, a work highlighting the lives of Mexican immigrants and their search for a better life in America.
Both concerts are free. For more information, call the box office at 315-859-4331 or visit www.hamilton.edu/performingarts.
Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Kenwood Library hosts Gold Rush Day
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Free cabaret at Stanley to feature high school students
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Final performance of the summer for Boonville Concert Band
- 4:00pm 08/16/18View hosts Sweetback Sisters
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Three showings for Fright Night at Cinema Capitol
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Dan Vellone performs Friday
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Nina’s Brew performs tonight
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Irish music session Tuesday