Spring concerts at Hamilton College Friday, Saturday
CLINTON — The Hamilton College Orchestra and Choir will present their spring concerts in Wellin Hall, Schambach Center for Music and the Performing Arts on Friday and Saturday.
The Hamilton College Orchestra performs at 7:30 p.m. Friday, and the Hamilton College Choir and College Hill Singers perform at 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
Heather Buchman will conduct the Hamilton College Orchestra in their spring concert. The program includes Max Bruch’s Romance for Viola and Orchestra, with Audrey Nadler, viola and Felix Mendelssohn’s incidental music for Midsummer Night’s Dream with Laura Enslin, soprano; Danan Tsan, mezzo soprano; members of the College Hill Singers and Alexa Zildjian, Timothy Hartell, and Austin Ford as narrators.
Jace Saplan conducts the Hamilton College Choir and College Hill Singers in This Land is Your Land, a musical dialogue on immigration. The program includes Perera’s The Golden Door, a cantata based on the lives of immigrants who passed through Ellis Island in the early 1900s, and Mollicone’s Misa De Los immigrantes, a work highlighting the lives of Mexican immigrants and their search for a better life in America.
Both concerts are free. For more information, call the box office at 315-859-4331 or visit www.hamilton.edu/performingarts.
Cinema screens animated movie with all-star cast
Pianist Laussade performs in Lee Center Tuesday
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Cinema screens animated movie with all-star cast
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Pianist Laussade performs in Lee Center Tuesday
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Old Tyme Fiddlers’ Association hosts Season Kickoff Party May 27
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Players close season with ‘110 in the Shade’
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Ladies Night at View May 31
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Smokey Robinson set to perform at the NYS Fair
- 4:00pm 05/22/18Saranac Thursdays kick off with Rome band performing
- 4:00pm 05/17/18Cinema continues anime series with ‘Kiki’s Delivery Service’
- 4:00pm 05/17/18Cinema screens documentary exploring the life of Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- 4:00pm 05/17/18Mayfaire on the Green returns to Holland Patent for 8th year