Spektral Quartet — From left, Russell Rolen, Maeve Feinberg, Doyle Armbrust, Clara Lyon
Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
CLINTON — Hamilton College Performing Arts presents Spektral Quartet on Saturday, April 21, at 7:30 p.m. in Wellin Hall, Schambach Center for Music and the Performing Arts.
Tickets for this event are $20, $15 for senior citizens and $5 for students. All seating is general admission. For more information, call the box office at 315-859-4331 or visit www.hamilton.edu.
The program includes George Lewis’s String Quartet No.1.5, Ruth Crawford Seeger’s String Quartet, and Johannes Brahms’s Quartet No.1 in C minor, op.51.
Known for creating seamless connections across centuries, the Chicago-based Spektral Quartet performs both traditional classical music and new music by contemporary composers. Their latest album, Serious Business, was nominated for a 2017 Grammy award.
Currently ensemble in-residence at the University of Chicago, the quartet has also participated in residencies at the New World Symphony, Stanford University, Northwestern University, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, and the Walden School, among others.
On the net: www.hamilton.edu/performingarts
Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Kenwood Library hosts Gold Rush Day
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Free cabaret at Stanley to feature high school students
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Final performance of the summer for Boonville Concert Band
- 4:00pm 08/16/18View hosts Sweetback Sisters
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Three showings for Fright Night at Cinema Capitol
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Dan Vellone performs Friday
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Nina’s Brew performs tonight
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Irish music session Tuesday