RCT closes season with ‘Always a Bridesmaid’
The Rome Community Theater will present its last show of the season, “Always a Bridesmaid” by Jessie Jones, Nicholas Hope and Jamie Wooten, tonight through Sunday, June 7-10.
Performance times are 7:30 p.m. June 7-9, and 2:30 p.m. on June 10.
This comedy is about four friends have sworn to keep the promise they made on the night of their Senior Prom: to be in each other’s weddings...no matter what. More than 30 years later, these Southern friend-for-life are still, asking “the long walk” for each other, determined to honor that vow.
Libby Ruth, the hopeless romantic with the perfect marriage, believes–in spite of all the evidence to the contrary–that her friends can find the very same happiness. Headstrong Deedra’s “rock-solid” union hangs by a thread when she discovers her husband of many years not only has a wandering eye, but the hands to match.
Monette, flashy, high-spirited and self-involved, continues to test her friends’ love and patience with all-too-frequent trips down the aisle. And salt-of-the earth, tree-hugging Charlie discovers–the hard way–that marital bliss is not the end of her rainbow and panics in outrageous style when the opportunity presents itself.
Join the women as they answer the question, “Just how far are you willing to go to keep a promise to a friend?”
This production is directed by Barbara Seaton, with assistant direction by Dave Bunker and produced by Andy Frank.
The cast includes: Brooke Costello (Kari Ames-Bissette), Kirstin F Walker (Libby Ruth Ames), Erin Geddes (Sedalia Ellicott), Emily K Foote (Monette Gentry), TJ Phister (Charlie Collins), Kim C Darling (Deedra Wingate)
The theater is located on Turin Road. Tickets are $15, $10 for ages 18 and under, and can be purchased at the box office on the nights of the performance or online at www.Romecommunitytheater.org
Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Free cabaret at Stanley to feature high school students
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Final performance of the summer for Boonville Concert Band
- 4:00pm 08/16/18View hosts Sweetback Sisters
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Three showings for Fright Night at Cinema Capitol
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Dan Vellone performs Friday
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Nina’s Brew performs tonight
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Sesame Street visits NYS fair