RCT announces 65th season
The Rome Community Theater’s 65th season will begin with “Dirty Rotten Scoundrels,” Sept. 27-30 and Oct. 5-7. To celebrate the anniversary, tickets for all five shows can be purchased for $50 through July 15.
“Dirty Rotten Scoundrels” is a fast pace musical deals with two con men, a beautiful woman and the elite of the French Riviera collide in this sexy and irreverent farce. Sophisticated and suave with a good dash of mischief, this hysterical musical feature a delightfully jazzy score and was nominated for 11 Tony Awards.
The second production in early December is a comedy, “How the Other Half Loves.”
There are three couples in this comedy and the men all working for the same firm. One of the younger men is having an affair with the wife of the oldest, and when each return home suspiciously late one night they invent a story about having to spend some time smoothing domestic matters in the home of the third couple.
“Steel Magnolias” will be presented in February 2019. This touching play takes place in a beauty parlor where six women come together sharing all their loves and losses.
“Other Desert Cities,” a drama, is the spring offering, April 11-14. Brooke returns home to Palms Spring after a six-year absence to celebrate Christmas with her parents, her brother and her aunt. She announces that she is about to publish a memoir dredging up pivotal and tragic events in the family’s history.
Rome Community Theater closes out its season with Neil Simon’s comedy hit “Chapter Two” on June 6-9. It’s
is a semi-autobiographical play by the dramatist. This comedy is about the coping of a recently widowed writer, George Schneider, who is introduced by his press agent brother to soap actress Jennie Malone.
The anniversary price of $50 also includes tickets to the One Act Festival held in mid-October. Visit Romecommunitytheater.org for more information and ticket sales.
Documentary offers ‘food for thought’
Cinema presents Academy Award contender from Denmark
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Documentary offers ‘food for thought’
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Cinema presents Academy Award contender from Denmark
- 4:00pm 11/15/1815th Annual MV Latino Association Gala Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Clinton to kick off Shoppers’ Stroll and Holiday Parade Nov. 23-24
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Charity beer, wine tasting Nov. 30
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Visit Hamilton for the Holidays
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Upcoming events at MWPAI include quartet concert, Victorian Yuletide
- 4:00pm 11/13/18"Overloard" is the nightmare after Halloween that makes dreams come true
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Reggae and soul at Hamilton’s Palace