COFFEE HOUSE PERFORMANCE — Rattlin’ Bog will perform March 17 at 7:30 p.m. at Park Coffee House, Holland Patent. The group will perform Irish songs. Members are, from left, Joe Rowlands (accordion, concertina, bodhra, vocals), Bill Fahy (mandolin), Rick Kincaid (guitar, vocals) and Amanda Stranney (fiddle). (Photo submitted)
Rattlin’ Bog performs Saturday
HOLLAND PATENT — Rattlin’ Bog is returning to Park Coffee House on Saturday, March 17, for St. Patrick’s Day.
Showtime is 7:30 p.m., and the doors open at 7. Admission is $12, $5 for students and free of charge for children 12 and younger.
Rattlin’ Bog is best known for a rousing Irish repertoire, the source of their trademark name. This group has been entertaining Central New York audiences since the mid 1980s. Founding band members Rick Kincaid and Joe Rowland are now joined by Bill Fahy on guitar and mandolin, Amanda Straney on violin and Shawn DePalma on bass. Rattlin’ Bog mixes their sets with acapella sea shanties, traditional Appalachian folk, old time gospel and story songs. And there’s always plenty of irreverent humor.
Refreshments prepared and served by Park Coffee House volunteers will be available before the performance and during the intermission. Proceeds from the donations for the desserts and beverages help to support the Foothills Rural Community Ministry food pantry, a non-denominational, local charity and the parent organization of Park Coffee House. Park Coffee House is located at the Twin Churches in the village, just off Route 365, across from the park.
On March 31, Marc Berger, joined by Rich DePaolo, makes his Park Coffee House debut. This singer-songwriter describes his work as American West Music. John and Cathy Cadley return on April 14. Jamcrackers (with Dan Berggren, Peggy Lynn and Dan Duggan) will perform on May 12. A Local Favorites concert closes the season on June 9.
On the net: www.facebook.com/parkcoffeehouse.
Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
MWPAI Concerts in the Court Hosts Tribute to Jazz Legend
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
- 4:00pm 04/19/18MWPAI Concerts in the Court Hosts Tribute to Jazz Legend
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Out After Midnite presents Estonian fantasy
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Dark comedy ‘Death of Stalin’ on Cinema screen
- 4:00pm 04/19/18DuffleBag Theatre presents ‘Little Red Riding Hood’
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Spring Swing concert Sunday at Colgate
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Polish Home hosts spaghetti dinner
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Masterworks Chorale performs with Symphoria
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Singer, Songwriter Showcase April 28
- 4:00pm 04/17/18Stanley to host Fine Food events