Rattlin’ Bog honors Irish Saturday
HOLLAND PATENT — To honor St. Patrick’s Day, the annual celebration of Irish traditions and culture, Park Coffee House in Holland Patent will welcome Rattlin’ Bog on Saturday, March 18 at 7:30 p.m.
Admission is $12, $5 for students, and no charge for children 12 and under.
Rattlin’ Bog is probably best known for its rousing Irish repertoire–from whence came its trademark name. This Central New York based music group has been performing at festivals, concerts, coffee houses, and parties since the mid 1980’s. Founding members Rick Kincaid and Joe Rowlands are now joined by Bill Fahy on mandolin and guitar, Amanda Straney on violin, and Shawn DePalma on bass.
Rattlin’ Bog employs various approaches to entertain and delight its audiences with rich instrumentation and vocal harmonies. Tunes of Celtic origin are its primary inspiration, but it mixes sets with a cappella sea shanties, traditional Appalachian folk, old time gospel, story songs, and plenty of irreverent humor.
The doors open at 7 p.m.
Refreshments will be available before the performance and during the intermission. Park Coffee House volunteers will serve homemade desserts plus coffee, teas, hot cocoa, and cider. Proceeds from donations for the refreshments help to support the local food pantry and other Foothills Rural Community Ministry programs. FRCM is a non-denominational charity and the parent organization of Park Coffee House.
Park Coffee House is located at the historic Twin Churches in the village of Holland Patent, just off Main Street (Route 365), across from the park.
Wildflower returns April 8. Jamcrackers, with Dan Berggren, Peggy Lynn, and Dan Duggan, performs on May 13. The current season finale will be a 60’s-70’s folk theme Local Favorites on June 10.
Follow Park Coffee House on www.facebook.com/parkcoffeehouse
Magnarelli, Tsuruga in ArtHouse Saturday
Drama set in Britain in 1940
- 4:00pm 05/19/17Magnarelli, Tsuruga in ArtHouse Saturday
- 4:00pm 05/19/17Sherrill Farmers’ Market Tuesdays
- 4:00pm 05/18/17Pre-Boilermaker show ticket sales due
- 4:00pm 05/18/17Festival Saturday features 10 bands honoring Al Nathan
- 4:00pm 05/18/17Free B Sharp concert in Utica May 21
- 4:00pm 05/18/17Magnarelli/Tsuruga Quartet at CNY Jazz Sunday
- 4:00pm 05/18/17Shakespeare play director sought
- 4:00pm 05/18/17Glimmerglass picks Owens as artistic adviser
- 4:00pm 05/18/17Area happenings
- 4:00pm 05/17/17Open Mic session Thursday