Rattlin’ Bog honors Irish Saturday
HOLLAND PATENT — To honor St. Patrick’s Day, the annual celebration of Irish traditions and culture, Park Coffee House in Holland Patent will welcome Rattlin’ Bog on Saturday, March 18 at 7:30 p.m.
Admission is $12, $5 for students, and no charge for children 12 and under.
Rattlin’ Bog is probably best known for its rousing Irish repertoire–from whence came its trademark name. This Central New York based music group has been performing at festivals, concerts, coffee houses, and parties since the mid 1980’s. Founding members Rick Kincaid and Joe Rowlands are now joined by Bill Fahy on mandolin and guitar, Amanda Straney on violin, and Shawn DePalma on bass.
Rattlin’ Bog employs various approaches to entertain and delight its audiences with rich instrumentation and vocal harmonies. Tunes of Celtic origin are its primary inspiration, but it mixes sets with a cappella sea shanties, traditional Appalachian folk, old time gospel, story songs, and plenty of irreverent humor.
The doors open at 7 p.m.
Refreshments will be available before the performance and during the intermission. Park Coffee House volunteers will serve homemade desserts plus coffee, teas, hot cocoa, and cider. Proceeds from donations for the refreshments help to support the local food pantry and other Foothills Rural Community Ministry programs. FRCM is a non-denominational charity and the parent organization of Park Coffee House.
Park Coffee House is located at the historic Twin Churches in the village of Holland Patent, just off Main Street (Route 365), across from the park.
Wildflower returns April 8. Jamcrackers, with Dan Berggren, Peggy Lynn, and Dan Duggan, performs on May 13. The current season finale will be a 60’s-70’s folk theme Local Favorites on June 10.
Follow Park Coffee House on www.facebook.com/parkcoffeehouse
Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
MWPAI Concerts in the Court Hosts Tribute to Jazz Legend
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Oriskany Central School Ski & Snowboard Club to hold Book Fair
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
- 4:00pm 04/19/18MWPAI Concerts in the Court Hosts Tribute to Jazz Legend
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Out After Midnite presents Estonian fantasy
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Dark comedy ‘Death of Stalin’ on Cinema screen
- 4:00pm 04/19/18DuffleBag Theatre presents ‘Little Red Riding Hood’
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Spring Swing concert Sunday at Colgate
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Polish Home hosts spaghetti dinner
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Masterworks Chorale performs with Symphoria
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Singer, Songwriter Showcase April 28