Piccininni, Delaney perform Saturday
HOLLAND PATENT — Nick Piccininni and John Delaney will join forces on Saturday, Nov. 10 at Park Coffee House for an evening of acoustic music at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 7 p.m.
Since he first performed at Park Coffee House in his teens with a youthful band, Piccininni has made his mark as a multi-talented instrumentalist, songwriter, and entertainer.
His debut album, “The Door’s Open,” showcases each of those talents.
As a member of the Abrams Brothers (of Kingston, Ontario), and more recently with the group Floodwood, he has appeared at venues with performers as diverse as Arlo Guthrie and the Del McCoury Band.
Piccininni also is known for his lively banjo and fiddle playing with the Delaney Brothers Band.
Delaney, with his late brother Ray, entertained audiences for more than 35 years around the Northeast and beyond with their own brand of “brother duo” harmony that was the hallmark of many legendary acts.
With Delaney’s smooth lead vocals and mandolin picking, the Delaney Brothers cultivated a unique sound and loyal fan base.
The band is a famed bluegrass group, but their music is much more, bringing in influences from other acoustic traditions such as country, folk, gospel and Celtic. The band’s latest CD, “Generations” reflects the melding of traditions with songs by Piccininni and also selections from bluegrass forefathers.
Admission is $12, $5 for students, and no charge for children age 12 and under.
Park Coffee House volunteers will serve homemade desserts, coffee, tea, cocoa, and cider before the performance and during the intermission. The refreshments are available for a donation, with the proceeds supporting the local food pantry operated by Foothills Rural Community Ministry, a non-denominational charity.
On the net: www.foothillsruralcommunityministry.org
Upcoming events at MWPAI include quartet concert, Victorian Yuletide
Reggae and soul at Hamilton’s Palace
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Upcoming events at MWPAI include quartet concert, Victorian Yuletide
- 4:00pm 11/13/18"Overloard" is the nightmare after Halloween that makes dreams come true
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Reggae and soul at Hamilton’s Palace
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Piccininni, Delaney perform Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Kiwanis craft fair this weekend
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Film depicts later years of writer Oscar Wilde
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Veterans Day dinner Sunday
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Phoenix and Reilly star in Western
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Air Force Heritage of America band plays Monday
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Baskets Galore event aids Holy Cross Academy