Pianist Michael Brown performs April 14 at Hamilton College
CLINTON — The Hamilton College Department of Music presents pianist Michael Brown at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, April 14 in Wellin Hall, Schambach Center for Music and the Performing Arts.
Brown will present, Bernstein at 100, a 100th birthday tribute to Leonard Bernstein and his circle. The program includes work written by and for Bernstein including West Side Story Sonata, original compositions Michael Brown, and a piano sonata by Aaron Copland.
Recipient of a 2015 Avery Fisher Career Grant, Brown regularly makes solo appearances with orchestras such as the Seattle, North Carolina, New Haven, Albany, Flagstaff, and Richardson Symphonies.
During the 2016-17 season, he was also selected by pianist Sir András Schiff to perform across the U.S. and Europe, including debut solo recitals in Zurich’s Tonhalle and New York City’s 92nd Street Y.
He is currently composer-in-residence for the New Haven Symphony Orchestra, a position that will include a symphonic commission to be premiered in 2019.
This concert is free. For more information, call the box office at 315-859-4331 or go online to www.hamilton.edu.
MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29
‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ starts RCT season
- 4:00pm 09/20/18MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29
- 4:00pm 09/20/18‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ starts RCT season
- 4:00pm 09/20/18‘Dogumentary’ follows quest of puppy litter
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Jankiewicz performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 09/20/18CNY Royalty and Rogues Festival comes to Stittville
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Capitol screens ‘Bad Reputation’ Wednesday
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Film ‘Bel Canto’ features voice of singer Renée Fleming
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Peter, Paul and George perform Saturday in Oneida
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Opera ‘The Falling and the Rising’ Sunday at View
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Kallet hosts Makin’ Bacon Festival festival Sept. 29