Pianist Michael Brown performs April 14 at Hamilton College
CLINTON — The Hamilton College Department of Music presents pianist Michael Brown at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, April 14 in Wellin Hall, Schambach Center for Music and the Performing Arts.
Brown will present, Bernstein at 100, a 100th birthday tribute to Leonard Bernstein and his circle. The program includes work written by and for Bernstein including West Side Story Sonata, original compositions Michael Brown, and a piano sonata by Aaron Copland.
Recipient of a 2015 Avery Fisher Career Grant, Brown regularly makes solo appearances with orchestras such as the Seattle, North Carolina, New Haven, Albany, Flagstaff, and Richardson Symphonies.
During the 2016-17 season, he was also selected by pianist Sir András Schiff to perform across the U.S. and Europe, including debut solo recitals in Zurich’s Tonhalle and New York City’s 92nd Street Y.
He is currently composer-in-residence for the New Haven Symphony Orchestra, a position that will include a symphonic commission to be premiered in 2019.
This concert is free. For more information, call the box office at 315-859-4331 or go online to www.hamilton.edu.
Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
MWPAI Concerts in the Court Hosts Tribute to Jazz Legend
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
- 4:00pm 04/19/18MWPAI Concerts in the Court Hosts Tribute to Jazz Legend
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Out After Midnite presents Estonian fantasy
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Dark comedy ‘Death of Stalin’ on Cinema screen
- 4:00pm 04/19/18DuffleBag Theatre presents ‘Little Red Riding Hood’
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Spring Swing concert Sunday at Colgate
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Polish Home hosts spaghetti dinner
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Masterworks Chorale performs with Symphoria
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Singer, Songwriter Showcase April 28
- 4:00pm 04/17/18Stanley to host Fine Food events