Pianist Michael Brown performs April 14 at Hamilton College
CLINTON — The Hamilton College Department of Music presents pianist Michael Brown at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, April 14 in Wellin Hall, Schambach Center for Music and the Performing Arts.
Brown will present, Bernstein at 100, a 100th birthday tribute to Leonard Bernstein and his circle. The program includes work written by and for Bernstein including West Side Story Sonata, original compositions Michael Brown, and a piano sonata by Aaron Copland.
Recipient of a 2015 Avery Fisher Career Grant, Brown regularly makes solo appearances with orchestras such as the Seattle, North Carolina, New Haven, Albany, Flagstaff, and Richardson Symphonies.
During the 2016-17 season, he was also selected by pianist Sir András Schiff to perform across the U.S. and Europe, including debut solo recitals in Zurich’s Tonhalle and New York City’s 92nd Street Y.
He is currently composer-in-residence for the New Haven Symphony Orchestra, a position that will include a symphonic commission to be premiered in 2019.
This concert is free. For more information, call the box office at 315-859-4331 or go online to www.hamilton.edu.
Western-comedy features Pattinson, Wasikowska
Nick Offerman stars in ‘feel good’ film
- 4:00pm 07/12/18Western-comedy features Pattinson, Wasikowska
- 4:00pm 07/12/18Nick Offerman stars in ‘feel good’ film
- 4:00pm 07/12/18Fright Night Series features ‘The Devil’s Doorway’
- 4:00pm 07/12/18RCT announces 65th season
- 4:00pm 07/12/18Irish music session July 17
- 4:00pm 07/12/18Tale as old as time at View
- 4:00pm 07/11/18‘Mary Poppins – The Musical’ takes stage at Capitol
- 4:00pm 07/05/18Adirondack storyteller Bill Smith performs Tuesday
- 4:00pm 07/05/18Family show ‘Snow White’ at View
- 4:00pm 07/05/18Capitol screens film based on Rome’s World Series of Bocce