Pianist Laussade performs in Lee Center Tuesday
LEE CENTER — St. Joseph’s Church in Lee Center will present internationally renowned classical pianist Elyane Laussade as part of its 65th Anniversary Concert Series at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 29.
St. Joseph’s Catholic Church is located at 5748 Stokes-Lee Center Road. Suggested donation is $10 per person for the concert. For more information, contact Ted Lenio at 315-335-0090 /TeLeTalk50@aol.com.
Entitled, “An American in Paris,” the program will feature the music of Chaminade, Joplin, Debussy, Zez Confrey, Satie, Copland, Ravel, and Gershwin’s “Rhapsody in Blue.” The artist describes these as a “combination of some of the French and American musical compositions closest to my heart.”
A graduate of the Juilliard School in New York City, Dr. Laussade has performed for audiences on five continents. Originally from the U.S., she has now established herself as one of Australia’s finest pianists, playing regularly with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra. As a soloist, Laussade has performed in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, the U.S., Taiwan, and Europe, with her most recent recitals in Japan, France, China and the United States.
June marks the launch of Laussade’s most recent project, performances of all 27 Mozart piano concertos with orchestras around Australia. In the past, she has immersed herself in annual Australian marathons of Bach, Beethoven, Brahms, Schubert, Mendelssohn and Mozart. She has two CD recordings and is currently working on recording “An American in Paris.” When not touring, she enjoys preparing culinary couplings of fine food, wine and music at the Laussade Studio in Melbourne.
MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29
‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ starts RCT season
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Flashlight tours part of First Friday fun
- 4:00pm 09/20/18MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29
- 4:00pm 09/20/18‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ starts RCT season
- 4:00pm 09/20/18‘Dogumentary’ follows quest of puppy litter
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Jankiewicz performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 09/20/18CNY Royalty and Rogues Festival comes to Stittville
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Capitol screens ‘Bad Reputation’ Wednesday
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Film ‘Bel Canto’ features voice of singer Renée Fleming
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Peter, Paul and George perform Saturday in Oneida
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Opera ‘The Falling and the Rising’ Sunday at View