Out After Midnite — Addison Timlin in “Like Me” (Photo submitted)
Out After Midnite pick depicts consequences of digital age
Cinema Capitol, 230 W. Dominick St., will present the crime drama “Like Me” for its next installment of the Out After Midnite film series. The event will take place at 10:30 p.m. on Saturday.
In “Like Me,” a reckless loner (Addison Timlin) sets out on a crime spree that she broadcasts on social media. After releasing a video of herself robbing a convenience store, she amasses a huge following. While traveling along the coast, she encounters a drifter, an internet troll and a paint huffing outsider who are all pulled into her circle of chaos, junk food and drugs.
Robert Mockler’s visually-arresting debut feature, produced by indie horror veteran Larry Fessenden, takes the viewer into a world of fabricated personalities and offers a thought-provoking portrait of isolation in our increasingly digital world.
The Arizona Republic writes that “‘Like Me’ is a visual feast.” Variety writes that “For the more adventurous, it offers a uniquely weird take on loneliness and lunacy. The movie runs 80 minutes and is not rated.
Admission is $8 and includes a small popcorn, a small fountain beverage, and pizza donated by Boyz from Italy (while supplies last). Tickets are available at the door and in advance from the Capitol Theatre box office (315-337-6453) and online at www.romecapitol.com. Doors will open for the event at 10 p.m.
Utica Summer Fest start tonight
Levitt Music Series starts June 25 in Utica
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Utica Summer Fest start tonight
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Levitt Music Series starts June 25 in Utica
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Movie depicts real life art heist
- 4:00pm 06/21/18‘Tuesdays with Morrie’ on stage Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Benefit concert features The BBC Band
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Betsy Concert Series returns June 28
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Mirren and Sutherland star in comedy-drama
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Schneider give talk on ‘West Side Story’ Wednesday
- 4:00pm 06/15/18RCT Talent Team presents a Night of One Acts Saturday
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Alliance Classical Players announce summer concerts