Out After Midnite — Addison Timlin in “Like Me” (Photo submitted)
Out After Midnite pick depicts consequences of digital age
Cinema Capitol, 230 W. Dominick St., will present the crime drama “Like Me” for its next installment of the Out After Midnite film series. The event will take place at 10:30 p.m. on Saturday.
In “Like Me,” a reckless loner (Addison Timlin) sets out on a crime spree that she broadcasts on social media. After releasing a video of herself robbing a convenience store, she amasses a huge following. While traveling along the coast, she encounters a drifter, an internet troll and a paint huffing outsider who are all pulled into her circle of chaos, junk food and drugs.
Robert Mockler’s visually-arresting debut feature, produced by indie horror veteran Larry Fessenden, takes the viewer into a world of fabricated personalities and offers a thought-provoking portrait of isolation in our increasingly digital world.
The Arizona Republic writes that “‘Like Me’ is a visual feast.” Variety writes that “For the more adventurous, it offers a uniquely weird take on loneliness and lunacy. The movie runs 80 minutes and is not rated.
Admission is $8 and includes a small popcorn, a small fountain beverage, and pizza donated by Boyz from Italy (while supplies last). Tickets are available at the door and in advance from the Capitol Theatre box office (315-337-6453) and online at www.romecapitol.com. Doors will open for the event at 10 p.m.
Josh Hartnett stars in Japanese-American comedy
Cinema presents western film ‘Hostiles’
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Registration begins for Rising Stars
- 4:00pm 03/22/18RACC announces 2018 At Home in the ArtHouse concert series
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Josh Hartnett stars in Japanese-American comedy
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Easter Egg Hunt March 30 in Sherrill
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Director Tarkovsky’s final film at ‘Out After Midnite’
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Tickets on sale Friday for MercyMe
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Post honors vet with dance
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Cinema presents western film ‘Hostiles’
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Rockin’ the Redhouse Friday in Syracuse
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Legion offers breakfast Sunday