Out After Midnite — Addison Timlin in “Like Me” (Photo submitted)
Out After Midnite pick depicts consequences of digital age
Cinema Capitol, 230 W. Dominick St., will present the crime drama “Like Me” for its next installment of the Out After Midnite film series. The event will take place at 10:30 p.m. on Saturday.
In “Like Me,” a reckless loner (Addison Timlin) sets out on a crime spree that she broadcasts on social media. After releasing a video of herself robbing a convenience store, she amasses a huge following. While traveling along the coast, she encounters a drifter, an internet troll and a paint huffing outsider who are all pulled into her circle of chaos, junk food and drugs.
Robert Mockler’s visually-arresting debut feature, produced by indie horror veteran Larry Fessenden, takes the viewer into a world of fabricated personalities and offers a thought-provoking portrait of isolation in our increasingly digital world.
The Arizona Republic writes that “‘Like Me’ is a visual feast.” Variety writes that “For the more adventurous, it offers a uniquely weird take on loneliness and lunacy. The movie runs 80 minutes and is not rated.
Admission is $8 and includes a small popcorn, a small fountain beverage, and pizza donated by Boyz from Italy (while supplies last). Tickets are available at the door and in advance from the Capitol Theatre box office (315-337-6453) and online at www.romecapitol.com. Doors will open for the event at 10 p.m.
MVCC hosts 15th annual Uticon Sept. 23
Family Favorites Series features Disney classic
- 4:00pm 09/15/18MVCC hosts 15th annual Uticon Sept. 23
- 4:00pm 09/14/18MWPAI to host regional premiere screening of ‘We the Animals’
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Family Favorites Series features Disney classic
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Drama based upon the novel ‘The Bookshop’
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Hamilton College hosts Molsky’s Mountain Drifters Sept. 21
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Open Mic Night at Players of Utica
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Historical society collaborates on ‘Shattered Angel’ performance
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Tickets on sale for Chris Botti concert at Stanley
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Lava at Turning Stone hosts Ja Rule, Ginuwine, Bone Thugs-n-Harmony
- 4:00pm 09/13/18City Fiddle Band performance Sunday