Oriskany Central School Ski & Snowboard Club to hold Book Fair
NEW HARTFORD — Oriskany Central School Ski & Snowboard Club will hold a Book Fair Fundraiser from noon to 6 p.m. Sunday, May 6 at Barnes & Noble at Consumer Square.
There will be activities planned throughout the day with a sports theme.
Approximately 30 students in grades 5-9 participate in the Ski & Snowboard Club. The membership consists of a Friday night ski pass and transportation to Woods Valley Ski Area from January through April. Throughout the year the club raises money from various fund-raisers to lower the cost of the program.
In addition, those who attend the book fair may have their photo taken with Otto of Syracuse Orangemen fame, Mo the Mohawk Valley Community College hawk or the Adirondack Trailblazer. Members of the sheriff’s office will be on hand to take children’s fingerprint IDs.
There will also be representatives of local sporting organizations, such as Utica Curling Club, Ride for Missing & Exploited Children, Crossfit Exult, Utica Blue Sox and Adirondack Trailblazers. Story time will be hosted by Utica Blue Sox Pitching Coach Doug Delett; WKTV Sportscaster Spencer Davidson; and an Adirondack Trailblazer player.
Also, there will be performances by Tasha VanDayne’s Magic, Bailey’s Karate, Studio 365, Nail Art by BOCES Cosmetology, sports-themed crafts, raffles and a scavenger hunt.
Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Kenwood Library hosts Gold Rush Day
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Free cabaret at Stanley to feature high school students
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Final performance of the summer for Boonville Concert Band
- 4:00pm 08/16/18View hosts Sweetback Sisters
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Three showings for Fright Night at Cinema Capitol
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Dan Vellone performs Friday
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Nina’s Brew performs tonight
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Irish music session Tuesday