Los Blancos (Photo submitted)
Odeon ‘Concert for a Cause’ benefits environmental group
NELSON — Local band favorite, Los Blancos, with their eclectic mix of blues, funk, soul and more, will headline the first in a new series called Concert for a Cause at the Nelson Odeon, 4035 Nelson Road, just north of Route 20 and seven miles west of Morrisville.
Doors open at 7:30 on Friday, April 21, for the 8 p.m. show.
Tickets are $30 via the Nelson Odeon website (www.nelsonodeon.com) or at the Concert for a Cause Facebook page in addition to T-shirt sales details.
Concert for a Cause is the brainchild of local advocate, Mo Campanie of Bridgeport. She said, “The idea behind Concert for a Cause is that music unites us and even though we may feel divided as a country, we can put positive energy back into the world and use our passions to do good and benefit some truly amazing local organizations”.
The first Concert for a Cause, held the day before Earth Day, will raise awareness about the issue of Climate Change. Proceeds from the Concert will benefit Citizens Campaign for the Environment; an organization that works to build widespread citizen understanding and advocacy for policies and actions designed to manage and protect our natural resources and public health.
“The environment should be a bi-partisan issue. We all need to care for our planet, even for those who may not believe in Climate Change. Our children only get one planet to inherit and it’s our job to not only teach about caring for this planet but role model that as well through our actions and our service to others. This concert is just one piece of doing that,” Campanie says.
Colin Aberdeen of Los Blancos says, “Los Blancos is proud and honored to share the stage with The Citizens Campaign for the environment in helping them to promote greater understanding and advocacy for policies that affect and protect the environment through the shared joy of music. ”
On the net: http://nelsonodeon.com/calendar/concert-cause/
Fiddlers Association concert Sunday
Donations accepted Friday at ‘Big Combo’ showing
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Fiddlers Association concert Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Summer Showcase auditions June 26, 27 at Players of Utica
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Donations accepted Friday at ‘Big Combo’ showing
- 4:00pm 06/22/17‘Apparition Hill’ about life and what comes after
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Trail Blazers-Jammers baseball game benefit for Relay for Life
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Drama based on Doctorow story
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Both movies held over at Cinema Capitol
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Theaters of Rome program Friday at First Prebyterian
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Catherine Bennett’s art on display at Kallet
- 9:17am 06/19/17Irish music in Oriskany Tuesday