Los Blancos (Photo submitted)
Odeon ‘Concert for a Cause’ benefits environmental group
NELSON — Local band favorite, Los Blancos, with their eclectic mix of blues, funk, soul and more, will headline the first in a new series called Concert for a Cause at the Nelson Odeon, 4035 Nelson Road, just north of Route 20 and seven miles west of Morrisville.
Doors open at 7:30 on Friday, April 21, for the 8 p.m. show.
Tickets are $30 via the Nelson Odeon website (www.nelsonodeon.com) or at the Concert for a Cause Facebook page in addition to T-shirt sales details.
Concert for a Cause is the brainchild of local advocate, Mo Campanie of Bridgeport. She said, “The idea behind Concert for a Cause is that music unites us and even though we may feel divided as a country, we can put positive energy back into the world and use our passions to do good and benefit some truly amazing local organizations”.
The first Concert for a Cause, held the day before Earth Day, will raise awareness about the issue of Climate Change. Proceeds from the Concert will benefit Citizens Campaign for the Environment; an organization that works to build widespread citizen understanding and advocacy for policies and actions designed to manage and protect our natural resources and public health.
“The environment should be a bi-partisan issue. We all need to care for our planet, even for those who may not believe in Climate Change. Our children only get one planet to inherit and it’s our job to not only teach about caring for this planet but role model that as well through our actions and our service to others. This concert is just one piece of doing that,” Campanie says.
Colin Aberdeen of Los Blancos says, “Los Blancos is proud and honored to share the stage with The Citizens Campaign for the environment in helping them to promote greater understanding and advocacy for policies that affect and protect the environment through the shared joy of music. ”
On the net: http://nelsonodeon.com/calendar/concert-cause/
Copper City Brewery hosts Tom Petty tribute band Saturday
Drama features architecture of Columbus, Ind.
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Hogwarts at Hamilton event Oct. 27 and 28
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Copper City Brewery hosts Tom Petty tribute band Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Drama features architecture of Columbus, Ind.
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Rising Stars presents ‘15 Miles on the Erie Canal’ Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Kenny G performs at The Stanley Nov. 5
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Chamber Music Society presents Trio con Brio Copenhagen
- 4:00pm 10/19/17CNY Zombie Prom aids Kallet
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Stanley hosts ‘A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder’
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Jazzin’ It Up at the Other Side Friday
- 4:00pm 10/19/17F.I.L.M. series kicks-off with tribute to David Shepard