Colm Meaney and Timothy Spall in "The Journey"
Northern Ireland peace talks subject of film
Cinema Capitol, 230 W. Dominick St., will present the drama “The Journey” from Monday, Aug. 14 through Thursday, Aug. 24.
Directed by Nick Hamm, the film takes place during the 2006 Northern Ireland peace talks, at a time of political and religious turmoil between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. The firebrand Protestant and Democratic Unionist Party leader Ian Paisley (Timothy Spall) finds himself forced to travel alongside his political polar-opposite, the Catholic Sinn Fein leader Martin McGuiness (Colm Meaney). Although they may only be traveling a short distance, their time together changes the course of Irish history. The movie also stars John Hurt, Toby Stephens and Freddie Highmore.
The Village Voice writes that the film contains “sharp, witty lead performances, with Spall’s holier-than-thou imperiousness clashing suitably with Meaney’s more affable obstinacy.” The New York Times also writes that “the performances are absolutely delicious, with Mr. Meaney droll and understated and Mr. Spall fiery and derisive.”
“The Journey” runs 94 minutes and is rated PG-13 (for thematic elements including violent images and language). Admission is $7, $6 for students and military and $5 for Capitol Friends. Tickets are available at the door and in advance from the Capitol Theatre box office (315-337-6453) and online at www.romecapitol.com. The movie runs every day Aug. 14-24.
Show times are Monday at 4 p.m., Tuesday-Thursday at 4 and 7 p.m., Friday and Saturday at 7:15, Sunday at 1:15, and Monday-Thursday at 7:15. The Sunday 1:15 show time will include captions for the hearing-impaired.
Easter Bunny helps Lainey’s Army March 24
Drama depicts actress in her later years
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Tickets available for 31st annual Epicurean Delight
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Easter Bunny helps Lainey’s Army March 24
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Drama depicts actress in her later years
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Dakota Fanning stars in ‘Please Stand By’
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Rattlin’ Bog performs Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Bluegrass jam Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Joseph Daley Tuba Trio performs Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Legion hosts St. Patrick’s Day event
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Pre-Easter fun day March 24
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Bunny Cares event Sunday