Nick Offerman stars in ‘feel good’ film
Cinema Capitol, 230 W. Dominick St., will present the comedy-drama “Hearts Beat Loud” Friday through Thursday.
In the hip Brooklyn neighborhood of Red Hook, single dad and record store owner Frank (Nick Offerman) is preparing to send his hard-working daughter Sam (Kiersey Clemons) off to college while being forced to close his vintage shop. Hoping to stay connected through their shared musical passions, Frank urges Sam to turn their weekly jam sessions into a father-daughter live act. After their first song becomes an internet breakout, the two embark on a journey of love, growing up and musical discovery. The movie also stars Toni Collette, Ted Danson, and Blythe Danner.
The movie was awarded Best Narrative Feature at the Wisconsin Film Festival and was nominated for Best Narrative Feature Film at the Sarasota Film Festival.
The Toronto Star writes “This is a movie you not only want to see, but also to put on the turntable,” while Newsday writes “A sparkling gem with an indie-rock soul. Offerman turns in his best big-screen performance yet.”
The movie runs 97 minutes and is rated PG-13 (for some drug references and brief language).
Admission is $7, $6 for students and military and $5 for Capitol Friends. Tickets are available at the door and in advance from the Capitol Theatre box office (315-337-6453) and online at www.romecapitol.com.
Show times are Friday and Saturday at 4:15 and 7:15, Sunday at 1:15 and 4:15 and Monday-Thursday at 7:15. The Friday 4:15 and Sunday 1:15 show times will include captions for the hearing-impaired.
MVCC hosts 15th annual Uticon Sept. 23
Family Favorites Series features Disney classic
- 4:00pm 09/15/18MVCC hosts 15th annual Uticon Sept. 23
- 4:00pm 09/14/18MWPAI to host regional premiere screening of ‘We the Animals’
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Family Favorites Series features Disney classic
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Drama based upon the novel ‘The Bookshop’
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Hamilton College hosts Molsky’s Mountain Drifters Sept. 21
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Open Mic Night at Players of Utica
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Historical society collaborates on ‘Shattered Angel’ performance
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Tickets on sale for Chris Botti concert at Stanley
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Lava at Turning Stone hosts Ja Rule, Ginuwine, Bone Thugs-n-Harmony
- 4:00pm 09/13/18City Fiddle Band performance Sunday