MWPAI to host regional premiere screening of ‘We the Animals’
UTICA — The Munson-Williams Proctors Arts Institute presents the regional premiere screening of the Sundace Film Festival winner “We the Animals” (2018) on Wednesday, Sept. 19 and Friday, Sept. 21 at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $8 for general admission, $4 for students, $6 for MWPAI members, and free for Pratt MWP students. Reservations are recommended.
Following the 7:30 p.m. screening on Friday will be a Q&A with Utica film commissioner Paul Buckley and the film’s location manager, Michael J. Camoin. The pair will discuss the process of finding and obtaining permission to use locations across the area during production.
We the Animals, shot largely in upstate New York in the summer of 2016, tells the story of a boy forced by his dysfunctional home life to retreat into a fantasy of his own making.
Directed by Jeremiah Zagar, the film premiered at Sundance Film Festival and won the NEXT Innovator Award.
The film was based on Justin Torres’ 2011 novel of the same name.
For tickets or for more information on Munson-Williams Proctors Art Institute events, call 315-797-0000 or visit mwpai.org.
MVCC hosts 15th annual Uticon Sept. 23
Family Favorites Series features Disney classic
- 4:00pm 09/15/18MVCC hosts 15th annual Uticon Sept. 23
- 4:00pm 09/14/18MWPAI to host regional premiere screening of ‘We the Animals’
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Family Favorites Series features Disney classic
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Drama based upon the novel ‘The Bookshop’
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Hamilton College hosts Molsky’s Mountain Drifters Sept. 21
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Open Mic Night at Players of Utica
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Historical society collaborates on ‘Shattered Angel’ performance
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Tickets on sale for Chris Botti concert at Stanley
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Lava at Turning Stone hosts Ja Rule, Ginuwine, Bone Thugs-n-Harmony
- 4:00pm 09/13/18City Fiddle Band performance Sunday