MWPAI to host regional premiere screening of ‘We the Animals’
UTICA — The Munson-Williams Proctors Arts Institute presents the regional premiere screening of the Sundace Film Festival winner “We the Animals” (2018) on Wednesday, Sept. 19 and Friday, Sept. 21 at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $8 for general admission, $4 for students, $6 for MWPAI members, and free for Pratt MWP students. Reservations are recommended.
Following the 7:30 p.m. screening on Friday will be a Q&A with Utica film commissioner Paul Buckley and the film’s location manager, Michael J. Camoin. The pair will discuss the process of finding and obtaining permission to use locations across the area during production.
We the Animals, shot largely in upstate New York in the summer of 2016, tells the story of a boy forced by his dysfunctional home life to retreat into a fantasy of his own making.
Directed by Jeremiah Zagar, the film premiered at Sundance Film Festival and won the NEXT Innovator Award.
The film was based on Justin Torres’ 2011 novel of the same name.
For tickets or for more information on Munson-Williams Proctors Art Institute events, call 315-797-0000 or visit mwpai.org.
Documentary offers ‘food for thought’
Cinema presents Academy Award contender from Denmark
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Documentary offers ‘food for thought’
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Cinema presents Academy Award contender from Denmark
- 4:00pm 11/15/1815th Annual MV Latino Association Gala Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Clinton to kick off Shoppers’ Stroll and Holiday Parade Nov. 23-24
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Charity beer, wine tasting Nov. 30
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Visit Hamilton for the Holidays
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Upcoming events at MWPAI include quartet concert, Victorian Yuletide
- 4:00pm 11/13/18"Overloard" is the nightmare after Halloween that makes dreams come true
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Reggae and soul at Hamilton’s Palace