MVCC Rome Campus to host Rusted Root star
Mohawk Valley Community College’s Rome campus will host Michael Glabicki of the band Rusted Root and guitarist Dirk Miller in concert on Thursday, Sept 13 at 7 p.m. in Festine Auditorium in the Plumley Complex.
General admission for the show is $20, admission for MVCC students/faculty is $10, the
college has announced.
Glabicki formed Rusted Root after leaving college, eventually going multi-platinum with the group. The band got its start as a house band playing a weekly show in a bar on Pittsburgh’s South Side.
The band achieved stardom 1994 with its album “When I Woke,” which featured the hit song “Send Me on My Way,” which reached the Billboard hit singles charts.
Rusted Root is currently on hiatus, and Glabicki describes his current sound as being evocative of his old band, though including more percussion and female vocals.
For tickets, visit mvcc.edu/tickets. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documentary offers ‘food for thought’
Cinema presents Academy Award contender from Denmark
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Documentary offers ‘food for thought’
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Cinema presents Academy Award contender from Denmark
- 4:00pm 11/15/1815th Annual MV Latino Association Gala Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Clinton to kick off Shoppers’ Stroll and Holiday Parade Nov. 23-24
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Charity beer, wine tasting Nov. 30
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Visit Hamilton for the Holidays
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Upcoming events at MWPAI include quartet concert, Victorian Yuletide
- 4:00pm 11/13/18"Overloard" is the nightmare after Halloween that makes dreams come true
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Reggae and soul at Hamilton’s Palace