MVCC Drama Club presents weekend of entertainment
The MVCC Drama Club will present a weekend of free entertainment beginning Thursday, Oct. 18, in Schafer Theater at the College’s Utica Campus.
Two one-act plays will be performed at 7:30 p.m. Thursday and Friday. The plays are “A Perfect Match” by Joan Forster, which will be directed by MVCC student Hailey Emmett, and “A Case of Belonging” by Jan Allred, which will be directed by MVCC student Kupr Kuprian.
On a snowy evening in the comedy “A Perfect Match,” Alison is waiting for a date arranged through a computer dating service. Unbeknownst to her, he is delayed by the weather. A television repairman who didn’t show up when he was supposed to arrives, dressed for a party and just making one last call. Alison thinks he is her date, and he is surprised and charmed by the reception he receives.
In the comedy “A Case of Belonging,” a devil and an angel are on stage, battling over a man who is about to expire. They’re a couple of very modern representatives of that undiscovered country who know all the tricks, put-downs, comic hassles, and worldly, wise maneuvers needed to win the prize from the other.
At 6 p.m. Saturday, there will be a Student/Alumni Cabaret, featuring music, song, dance, recitation, and drama.
There is no charge for admission, but tickets are required. For more information, contact the MVCC Box Office at 315-731-5721, or visit www.mvcc.edu/culture.
Tickets for all Cultural Series events can be purchased in person at the MVCC Box Office, Information Technology Building room 106, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday-Friday, and at the College Stores on the Utica and Rome Campuses.
The Cultural Series is brought to you by MVCC’s Cultural Events Council, in collaboration with MVCC’s Program Board, with significant support from the Student Activity Fee. The series maintains a major social media presence that can be followed on Facebook at “MVCC Cultural Series.”
Folk a guitar coffeehouse concert Friday in Clinton
Gryphon Trio performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Cinema Capitol to host ‘out of this world’ double feature
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Ghost and Toast to premier Saturday at Capitol Theater
- 4:00pm 10/18/18‘Love Loss and What I Wore’ to be performed in Utica
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Folk a guitar coffeehouse concert Friday in Clinton
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Gryphon Trio performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/18/18View hosts pancake breakfast, open house
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Cincinnati Creek performs Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/18/18‘Adventures of Tom Sawyer’ opens Oct. 26 at Players of Utica
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Free Big Band concert Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/18/18German Sauerbraten dinner Sunday