SUMMERSTAGE — The cast of “Young Frankenstein,” from left: Liska Savage (Frau Blücher), Michael J. Youngs (Dr. Frederick Frankenstein), Taylor Mills (Igor), Jessica Lotyczewski (Inga) and Will Lanfear (The Monster). (Photo submitted)
Musical version of ‘Young Frankenstein’ on stage at Capitol Theatre
Rome’s Capitol Theatre, 220 W. Dominick St., will present Mel Brooks’ “Young Frankenstein,” the musical, for three performances on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, at 7:30 p.m.
The musical is based on the 1974 Mel Brooks movie, and is a parody of ‘30s and ’40s Frankenstein movies, replete with an old castle, a mad doctor, a hunchbacked assistant and a monster created from dead body parts. Officially known as “The New Mel Brooks Musical: Young Frankenstein,” the show opened on Broadway in 2007. The musical features a book by Mel Brooks and Thomas Meehan, and music and lyrics by Mel Brooks. Songs include “The Brain,” “Welcome to Transylvania,” “Listen to Your Heart,” “Puttin’ on the Ritz” (words & music by Irving Berlin) and “Deep Love.”
The Capitol Theatre SummerStage production is directed by Peter Loftus, with dance direction by Randy Fields, and the 10-piece orchestra conducted by Karen Corigliano.
Reserved seat tickets are $17, $16 for seniors, students and military, $15 for Capitol Friends and $12 for children 12 and under. Because of some ribald humor, the show is not recommended for young children.
The event is sponsored by The Gunther Group.
The cast is: Michael J. Youngs as Dr. Frederick Frankenstein, Will Lanfear as The Monster, Taylor Mills as Igor, Jessica Lotyczewski as Inga, Caitland Martin as Elizabeth Benning, Liska Savage as Frau Blücher, Brandon Clarke as Inspector Hans Kemp, Brett Hammes as The Hermit, Andy Frank as Dr. Victor von Frankenstein and Connor A. Barrett as Ziggy.
Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
View hosts Sweetback Sisters
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Final performance of the summer for Boonville Concert Band
- 4:00pm 08/16/18View hosts Sweetback Sisters
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Three showings for Fright Night at Cinema Capitol
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Dan Vellone performs Friday
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Nina’s Brew performs tonight
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Sesame Street visits NYS fair
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Registration open for Rising Stars at Capitol Theatre
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Cinema shows horror film set in 1984 suburbia