Magnarelli, Tsuruga in ArtHouse Saturday
Saturday night, Joe Magnarelli and Akiko Tsuruga continue the ‘At Home in the ArtHouse’ Jazz Series at the Rome Art and Community Center in the ArtHouse Cafe, 308 W. Bloomfield St.
Fan favorite, Joe Magnarelli is a regular participant in the New York and international jazz scene. He has nine records as a leader, and has played on numerous jazz labels as a sideman. Magnarelli is an adjunct professor of music at the Juilliard School of Music and Rutgers University.
Dubbed ‘Queen of the Organ’, Akiko Tsuruga has released five albums in Japan and four in the U.S. Akiko is at the center of the New York scene.
Her mentor, Dr. Lonnie Smith notes, “Akiko’s playing is like watching a flower blooming, a bird spreading her wings in the music world. Akiko is here to stay.”
Doors open at 7 p.m.
Tickets are $20 for adults ($18 adult members) and $14 for seniors ($12 senior members). To reserve tickets, call 315-336-1040.
Cinema Capitol screens French drama
Tickets on sale for Kenny G at the Stanley
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Cinema Capitol screens French drama
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Tickets on sale for Kenny G at the Stanley
- 4:00pm 08/17/17The Mammals perform at View Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Area happenings
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Movies announced for Costner film fest this weekend
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Boonville Concert Band gives final performance of the summer Friday
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Night of dinner and dancing benefits animal shelter
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Unity Hall hosts jazz musician Dion Abraham Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/17/1712th annual Latino festival Aug. 20 in Utica
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Theater troupe performs ‘The Last Romance’ in Old Forge