‘Magic of Music’ event raises funds for B Sharp scholarship
The B Sharp Music Club’s scholarship fundraising concert, “Magic of Music,” will be held Oct. 15 at 2 p.m. at the Munson Williams Proctor Art Institute Sinnott Family Auditorium in Utica, featuring performances by B Sharp members and guests.
Tickets are $15 and are available from B Sharp members or at the door. There will be no charge for persons under age 18. A reception at Fountain Elms follows the concert, said the club.
Included will be performances by members of the International Brotherhood of Magicians Ring 101. Among musical performers will be Juliane Price, Stephen Price, Leo Carville, Doris Carville (voice); Barbara Wuest, Richard Pashley (clarinet duet); Jessica Willbee (harp); Sar-Shalom Strong (piano); Elizabeth Evans, Trisha Madonia (flute duet); Joanna Robertson (cello). They will be accompanied by a reading from J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by Marilee Ensign.
Funds raised by the performance go toward the approximately $5,000 in scholarships that the club awards annually to local students in grades 10-12 from Oneida, Herkimer, and Madison counties.
For more information, visit www.bsharpcny.org or call 315-337-1409.
Capitol screens ‘All the Money in the World’
Gibson Brothers perform Jan. 26
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Capitol screens ‘All the Money in the World’
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Gibson Brothers perform Jan. 26
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Bluegrass jam Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Ultimate Aldean concert Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Riggies, Greens and Rock Sunday
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Wine Tasting event aids Foothills programs
- 4:00pm 01/16/18Swamp Drivers visit Kallet Civic Cente
- 4:00pm 01/11/18Good Nature brewery marks anniversary
- 4:00pm 01/11/18The Illusionists perform Tuesday
- 4:00pm 01/11/18Capitol Cinema presents Golden Globe-Winning Churchill biopic