‘Magic of Music’ event raises funds for B Sharp scholarship
The B Sharp Music Club’s scholarship fundraising concert, “Magic of Music,” will be held Oct. 15 at 2 p.m. at the Munson Williams Proctor Art Institute Sinnott Family Auditorium in Utica, featuring performances by B Sharp members and guests.
Tickets are $15 and are available from B Sharp members or at the door. There will be no charge for persons under age 18. A reception at Fountain Elms follows the concert, said the club.
Included will be performances by members of the International Brotherhood of Magicians Ring 101. Among musical performers will be Juliane Price, Stephen Price, Leo Carville, Doris Carville (voice); Barbara Wuest, Richard Pashley (clarinet duet); Jessica Willbee (harp); Sar-Shalom Strong (piano); Elizabeth Evans, Trisha Madonia (flute duet); Joanna Robertson (cello). They will be accompanied by a reading from J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by Marilee Ensign.
Funds raised by the performance go toward the approximately $5,000 in scholarships that the club awards annually to local students in grades 10-12 from Oneida, Herkimer, and Madison counties.
For more information, visit www.bsharpcny.org or call 315-337-1409.
Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Kenwood Library hosts Gold Rush Day
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Free cabaret at Stanley to feature high school students
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Final performance of the summer for Boonville Concert Band
- 4:00pm 08/16/18View hosts Sweetback Sisters
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Three showings for Fright Night at Cinema Capitol
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Dan Vellone performs Friday
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Nina’s Brew performs tonight
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Irish music session Tuesday