Sub-Radio — Indie Rock band Sub-Radio will kick-off the Levitt AMP Utica Music Series on June 25.
Levitt Music Series starts June 25 in Utica
UTICA — For the third year, the Levitt AMP Utica Music Series returns to Kopernik Park—a green space on Genesee Street within walking distance of the city’s community gardens, the Utica Public Library and the Mohawk Valley Resource Center for Refugees.
The free series features regional bands and singers with local opening acts, and local youth performances during intermission.
Concerts take place every Monday night from June 25 - Aug. 27 from 6-9 p.m. MWPAI is the rain date location. For concert schedule updates due to weather, visit www.facebook.com/LevittAMPUtica.
2018 Musical line-up
• June 25: Sub-Radio, Indie Rock. Opener: The Paul Case Band
Sub-Radio “makes smart, danceable pop rock that’s always expanding its boundaries.” The sextet’s high-energy live performances and variety of vocalists have put them on the map up and down the East Coast. The band’s clean guitars, dancefloor rhythms, and powerful vocals have garnered comparisons to established pop-rock acts like Walk The Moon and Two Door Cinema Club.
Their upcoming EP Headfirst tackles the 21st century struggle to define relationships and find a community from the high-energy, often goofy perspective the band’s fans have to come to expect.
• July 2: Laurie Dapice, Straight ahead jazz. Opener: “Doc” Woods Quintet
Award-winning Laurie Dapice is a Utica native. She began her journey and education at Mannes College of Music and The New School University of Jazz & Contemporary Music. In 2008 she was chosen as one of New York City’s top 12 Jazz Singers to compete in the annual Jazz Mobile competition and made it to the top final four.
• July 9: Sophistafunk, Funk Hip Hop. Opener: Our Common Roots
• July 16: Sultans of String, World Music. Opener: Cincinnati Creek
• July 23: John King Band, Country. Opener: Blarney Rebel Band
• July 30: Flo De Toloache, Female Mariachi Band. Opener: Opus Black
• Aug. 6: Slambovian Circus of Dreams, Surreal Americana. Opener: Joie Grimaldi
• Aug. 13: Galactic Cowboy Orchestra, Prog Rock. Opener: Fritz’s Polka Band
• Aug. 20: Biscuit Miller and the Mix, Blues. Opener: Nate Gross Blue Band
• Aug. 27: RPR, Folk. Opener: Realtime Dixieland Band
Documentary offers ‘food for thought’
Cinema presents Academy Award contender from Denmark
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Documentary offers ‘food for thought’
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Cinema presents Academy Award contender from Denmark
- 4:00pm 11/15/1815th Annual MV Latino Association Gala Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Clinton to kick off Shoppers’ Stroll and Holiday Parade Nov. 23-24
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Charity beer, wine tasting Nov. 30
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Visit Hamilton for the Holidays
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Upcoming events at MWPAI include quartet concert, Victorian Yuletide
- 4:00pm 11/13/18"Overloard" is the nightmare after Halloween that makes dreams come true
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Reggae and soul at Hamilton’s Palace