Sub-Radio — Indie Rock band Sub-Radio will kick-off the Levitt AMP Utica Music Series on June 25.
Levitt Music Series starts June 25 in Utica
UTICA — For the third year, the Levitt AMP Utica Music Series returns to Kopernik Park—a green space on Genesee Street within walking distance of the city’s community gardens, the Utica Public Library and the Mohawk Valley Resource Center for Refugees.
The free series features regional bands and singers with local opening acts, and local youth performances during intermission.
Concerts take place every Monday night from June 25 - Aug. 27 from 6-9 p.m. MWPAI is the rain date location. For concert schedule updates due to weather, visit www.facebook.com/LevittAMPUtica.
2018 Musical line-up
• June 25: Sub-Radio, Indie Rock. Opener: The Paul Case Band
Sub-Radio “makes smart, danceable pop rock that’s always expanding its boundaries.” The sextet’s high-energy live performances and variety of vocalists have put them on the map up and down the East Coast. The band’s clean guitars, dancefloor rhythms, and powerful vocals have garnered comparisons to established pop-rock acts like Walk The Moon and Two Door Cinema Club.
Their upcoming EP Headfirst tackles the 21st century struggle to define relationships and find a community from the high-energy, often goofy perspective the band’s fans have to come to expect.
• July 2: Laurie Dapice, Straight ahead jazz. Opener: “Doc” Woods Quintet
Award-winning Laurie Dapice is a Utica native. She began her journey and education at Mannes College of Music and The New School University of Jazz & Contemporary Music. In 2008 she was chosen as one of New York City’s top 12 Jazz Singers to compete in the annual Jazz Mobile competition and made it to the top final four.
• July 9: Sophistafunk, Funk Hip Hop. Opener: Our Common Roots
• July 16: Sultans of String, World Music. Opener: Cincinnati Creek
• July 23: John King Band, Country. Opener: Blarney Rebel Band
• July 30: Flo De Toloache, Female Mariachi Band. Opener: Opus Black
• Aug. 6: Slambovian Circus of Dreams, Surreal Americana. Opener: Joie Grimaldi
• Aug. 13: Galactic Cowboy Orchestra, Prog Rock. Opener: Fritz’s Polka Band
• Aug. 20: Biscuit Miller and the Mix, Blues. Opener: Nate Gross Blue Band
• Aug. 27: RPR, Folk. Opener: Realtime Dixieland Band
MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29
‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ starts RCT season
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Flashlight tours part of First Friday fun
- 4:00pm 09/20/18MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29
- 4:00pm 09/20/18‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ starts RCT season
- 4:00pm 09/20/18‘Dogumentary’ follows quest of puppy litter
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Jankiewicz performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 09/20/18CNY Royalty and Rogues Festival comes to Stittville
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Capitol screens ‘Bad Reputation’ Wednesday
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Film ‘Bel Canto’ features voice of singer Renée Fleming
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Peter, Paul and George perform Saturday in Oneida
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Opera ‘The Falling and the Rising’ Sunday at View