Kenwood Library hosts Gold Rush Day
SHERRILL — Kenwood Library will host Klondike Gold Rush Day from 1-7 p.m. Monday, Aug. 20.
Attendees will learn about Skookum Jim and Dawson Charlie’s discovery of gold in Rabbit Creek that started the Yukon Gold Rush. About 100,000 “stampeders” headed north to the Yukon, with 30,000 surviving the treacherous trek to Dawson City and 4,000 finding gold.
Participants will pan for gold and shop in the Sherrill Klondike General Store, play the Klondike Gold Rush Game and more.
And at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 23, the library will host Campfire Tales, where attendees are encouraged to share their favorite stories or one written on their own. The event will be held weather-permitting, according to the announcement.
Documentary offers ‘food for thought’
Cinema presents Academy Award contender from Denmark
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Documentary offers ‘food for thought’
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Cinema presents Academy Award contender from Denmark
- 4:00pm 11/15/1815th Annual MV Latino Association Gala Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Clinton to kick off Shoppers’ Stroll and Holiday Parade Nov. 23-24
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Charity beer, wine tasting Nov. 30
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Visit Hamilton for the Holidays
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Upcoming events at MWPAI include quartet concert, Victorian Yuletide
- 4:00pm 11/13/18"Overloard" is the nightmare after Halloween that makes dreams come true
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Reggae and soul at Hamilton’s Palace