Justice, Arts, Music Fest Saturday
UTICA — Central New York Citizen Action will hold its inaugural Justice, Arts, Music Fest on Saturday, Oct. 14. It will be held at three adjacent venues from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.: DeSales Center, 309 Genesee St.; Utica Public Library, 303 Genesee St.; and Kopernik Park, on the corner of Genesee and Eagle streets. Admission is free.
“Celebrating Progressive Values through Music, Arts, and Family Fun” is the theme of the Fest. A complete schedule is available at: jam.cnycia.org.
The Jam Fest features live music, crafts, art and film exhibits, speakers, children activities, face painting, non-profit, job and health information, and community discussions. It aims to bring people together to showcase local art and music as well as create a common public space for a dialogue on how we can bring about positive and progressive community change.
Short films dealing with economic justice, racial and gender inequality, immigration, and other current issues will be shown at the Utica Public Library. Local non-profit agencies and businesses will also have exhibits showcasing products and services.
There will be free giveaways. Food trucks such as the Polish Road House will be at the event. The Central New York Labor Council will hold its 2017 Organized Labor Charitable Giving Campaign for United Way and SEFA at the festival.
A diverse range of musical genres including rock, folk, blues, rap, hip hop and alternative country have been scheduled for the event. For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 315-725-0974.
Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Kenwood Library hosts Gold Rush Day
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Free cabaret at Stanley to feature high school students
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Final performance of the summer for Boonville Concert Band
- 4:00pm 08/16/18View hosts Sweetback Sisters
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Three showings for Fright Night at Cinema Capitol
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Dan Vellone performs Friday
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Nina’s Brew performs tonight
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Irish music session Tuesday