Jamcrackers — Dan Berggren, Peggy Lynn and Dan Duggan (Photo submitted)
Jamcrackers performs Saturday
HOLLAND PATENT — Dan Berggren, Peggy Lynn and Dan Duggan will once again perform their brand of music blending humor, history and spirit at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 12, at the Park Coffee House.
Together as Jamcrackers, these friends and award-winning musicians have combined talents to create a dynamic trio named in honor of the river drivers from the lumberjack days who broke up log jams by collaborating to find solutions. The Jamcrackers’ music celebrates the Adirondacks and also includes a mix of traditional styles.
The doors will open at 7 p.m. Admission is $12, $5 for students and no charge for children 12 and younger. Volunteers from the Floyd Grange will be serving homemade desserts, plus coffee and other beverages, for a donation.
The proceeds help neighbors in need through the programs of Foothills Rural Community Ministry, a local non-denominational charity, the parent organization of Park Coffee House. Park Coffee House is located at the Twin Churches, just off Main Street, across from the park.
Berggren has roots in the Adirondacks where he was raised. Hearing stories and songs from local friends and neighbors, he developed a music style that captures the spirit of the mountains and has branched out across many borders from folk to symphonic arrangements. His original music has also been featured nationally on public radio and television.
Lynn writes and performs songs that give a message of underlying passion, delivered in her alto voice. She ranges from folksy to blues, alone or harmonizing with others. She draws inspiration from teaching, mentoring, performing, listening and collaborating. She likes to say: “Every moment is a potential song idea, so be careful what you say in front of a woman with a microphone.”
Duggan, nationally touring performer and teacher, is the first recipient of the National Hammered Dulcimer Championship. His renditions of traditional Irish and American tunes engage audiences in an excursion of musical styles.
On June 9, a Local Favorites Fundraiser will conclude the Park Coffee House season.
Follow Park Coffee House on www.facebook.com/parkcoffeehouse.
Saranac Thursdays kick off with Rome band performing
Cinema continues anime series with ‘Kiki’s Delivery Service’
- 4:00pm 05/22/18Saranac Thursdays kick off with Rome band performing
- 4:00pm 05/17/18Cinema continues anime series with ‘Kiki’s Delivery Service’
- 4:00pm 05/17/18Cinema screens documentary exploring the life of Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- 4:00pm 05/17/18Mayfaire on the Green returns to Holland Patent for 8th year
- 4:00pm 05/17/18KAC Spring Dance event Saturday in Clinton
- 4:00pm 05/17/18Limited screenings of sci-fi horror movie
- 4:00pm 05/17/18Bluegrass Music Festival May 19
- 4:00pm 05/17/18Woodwind trio performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 05/17/18Capitol offers auditions for SummerStage Sunday
- 4:00pm 05/17/18Final performance in RACC concert series May 25