Irish session Tuesday
ORISKANY — Craobh Dugan, the local branch of Comhaltas Ceoltoiri Eireann, holds a traditional Irish music session on Tuesday, July 18, at 7:30 p.m. in Stockdale’s, 103 River St.
The event is held on the third Tuesday of each month. The Session is free and open to all musicians who play acoustic traditional instrument such as fiddle, guitar, pennywhistle, accordion, mandolin, and tenor banjo. Spectators are encouraged to come to listen and enjoy an evening of traditional music.
Irish Sessions have a long tradition in the history of Irish Music. They are usually held in public houses (pubs) and have a format that encourages both listening and playing. The Musicians will play sets of standard Irish tunes in the traditional manner.
Craobh Dugan also offers a new program to commemorate the 200th anniversary of the Erie Canal – “The Irish and the Erie”. The one hour program will present the history of the Irish involvement in the Erie canal through song and story. Craobh Dugan is available to perform the program for community organizations and historical societies throughout Oneida County. For more detail on the program contact Bill Fahy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Craobh Dugan was established in locally 1978 for the purpose of furthering the understanding of and promotion of Irish culture in the Mohawk Valley. More information can be found on the Craobh Dugan website at www.uticairish.org.
Cinema presents comedy-horror ‘Tragedy Girls’
Film depicts youth of famous serial killer
- 4:00pm 11/17/17Area happenings
- 4:00pm 11/16/17Cinema presents comedy-horror ‘Tragedy Girls’
- 4:00pm 11/16/17Film depicts youth of famous serial killer
- 4:00pm 11/16/17Capitol offers ‘The Thing’ double feature Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/16/17Harry Dean Stanton in one of his final roles
- 4:00pm 11/16/17Concert Sunday aids artist residency scholarship fund
- 4:00pm 11/16/17Holiday mystery gifts at View
- 4:00pm 11/16/17American Chamber Players perform at MWPAI Sunday
- 4:00pm 11/16/17View offers holiday activities Nov. 24-25
- 4:00pm 11/16/17-