Irish session Tuesday
ORISKANY — Craobh Dugan, the local branch of Comhaltas Ceoltoiri Eireann, holds a traditional Irish music session on Tuesday, July 18, at 7:30 p.m. in Stockdale’s, 103 River St.
The event is held on the third Tuesday of each month. The Session is free and open to all musicians who play acoustic traditional instrument such as fiddle, guitar, pennywhistle, accordion, mandolin, and tenor banjo. Spectators are encouraged to come to listen and enjoy an evening of traditional music.
Irish Sessions have a long tradition in the history of Irish Music. They are usually held in public houses (pubs) and have a format that encourages both listening and playing. The Musicians will play sets of standard Irish tunes in the traditional manner.
Craobh Dugan also offers a new program to commemorate the 200th anniversary of the Erie Canal – “The Irish and the Erie”. The one hour program will present the history of the Irish involvement in the Erie canal through song and story. Craobh Dugan is available to perform the program for community organizations and historical societies throughout Oneida County. For more detail on the program contact Bill Fahy at email@example.com.
Craobh Dugan was established in locally 1978 for the purpose of furthering the understanding of and promotion of Irish culture in the Mohawk Valley. More information can be found on the Craobh Dugan website at www.uticairish.org.
French drama highlights dances by acclaimed choreographer
Kannapolis: A Moving Portrait concert Friday
- 4:00pm 09/23/17WCNY to present ‘The 46ers’
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Country singer to perform at MVCC
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Concert postponed
- 4:00pm 09/21/17French drama highlights dances by acclaimed choreographer
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Kannapolis: A Moving Portrait concert Friday
- 4:00pm 09/21/17‘Out After Midnight’ with ‘The Villainess’
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Neal Caine and the Danny Sinoff Quintet perform Saturday
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Old Tyme Fiddlers’ hosts end of the season party Sunday
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Hamilton College screens award-winning film by alumnus
- 4:00pm 09/21/17‘Where’s Molly?’ screens in Cazenovia Sept. 27