Irish music in Oriskany Tuesday
ORISKANY — Craobh Dugan, the local branch of Comhaltas Ceoltoiri Eireann, holds a traditional Irish music session on Tuesday, June 20, at 7:30 p.m. in Stockdale’s, 103 River St.
The event is held on the third Tuesday of each month. The Session is free and open to all musicians who play acoustic traditional instrument such as fiddle, guitar, pennywhistle, accordion, mandolin, and tenor banjo. Spectators are encouraged to come to listen and enjoy an evening of traditional music.
Irish Sessions have a long tradition in the history of Irish Music. They are usually held in public houses (pubs) and have a format that encourages both listening and playing. The Musicians will play sets of standard Irish tunes in the traditional manner.
Craobh Dugan also offers a new program to commemorate the 200th anniversary of the Erie Canal – “The Irish and the Erie”. The one hour program will present the history of the Irish involvement in the Erie canal through song and story. Craobh Dugan is available to perform the program for community organizations and historical societies throughout Oneida County. For more detail on the program contact Bill Fahy at email@example.com.
Craobh Dugan was established in locally 1978 for the purpose of furthering the understanding of and promotion of Irish culture in the Mohawk Valley. More information can be found on the Craobh Dugan website at www.uticairish.org.
Cinema Capitol screens French drama
Tickets on sale for Kenny G at the Stanley
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Cinema Capitol screens French drama
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Tickets on sale for Kenny G at the Stanley
- 4:00pm 08/17/17The Mammals perform at View Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Area happenings
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Movies announced for Costner film fest this weekend
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Boonville Concert Band gives final performance of the summer Friday
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Night of dinner and dancing benefits animal shelter
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Unity Hall hosts jazz musician Dion Abraham Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/17/1712th annual Latino festival Aug. 20 in Utica
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Theater troupe performs ‘The Last Romance’ in Old Forge