Irish music in Oriskany Tuesday
ORISKANY — Craobh Dugan, the local branch of Comhaltas Ceoltoiri Eireann, holds a traditional Irish music session on Tuesday, June 20, at 7:30 p.m. in Stockdale’s, 103 River St.
The event is held on the third Tuesday of each month. The Session is free and open to all musicians who play acoustic traditional instrument such as fiddle, guitar, pennywhistle, accordion, mandolin, and tenor banjo. Spectators are encouraged to come to listen and enjoy an evening of traditional music.
Irish Sessions have a long tradition in the history of Irish Music. They are usually held in public houses (pubs) and have a format that encourages both listening and playing. The Musicians will play sets of standard Irish tunes in the traditional manner.
Craobh Dugan also offers a new program to commemorate the 200th anniversary of the Erie Canal – “The Irish and the Erie”. The one hour program will present the history of the Irish involvement in the Erie canal through song and story. Craobh Dugan is available to perform the program for community organizations and historical societies throughout Oneida County. For more detail on the program contact Bill Fahy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Craobh Dugan was established in locally 1978 for the purpose of furthering the understanding of and promotion of Irish culture in the Mohawk Valley. More information can be found on the Craobh Dugan website at www.uticairish.org.
Cinema Capitol to screen ‘Friday the 13th’
Biopic depicts life of Boston Marathon victim
- 4:00pm 10/12/17Cinema Capitol to screen ‘Friday the 13th’
- 4:00pm 10/12/17Biopic depicts life of Boston Marathon victim
- 4:00pm 10/12/17RACC ready for a haunting good time
- 4:00pm 10/12/17Film at Capitol Theatre marks 100th anniversary of Miracle of Fatima
- 4:00pm 10/12/17Bill Keeler Celebrity Roast Oct. 19 in Ilion
- 4:00pm 10/12/17Up and Downs performs Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/12/17Justice, Arts, Music Fest Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/12/17Ghost hunting event benefits Landmarks Society
- 4:00pm 10/12/17Model Railroad Show in Remsen
- 4:00pm 10/12/17Food trucks gather for Octoberfest at Stanley