HITCHCOCK CLASSIC — Cary Grant and Grace Kelly in “To Catch a Thief.”
Hitchcock thriller starts Friday at Capitol
The Capitol Theatre, 220 W. Dominick St., will present the 1955 Alfred Hitchcock thriller “To Catch a Thief” at 7 p.m. on Friday and 2:30 and 7 p.m. on Saturday.
Based on the novel by David Dodge, the film concerns a retired jewel thief, who in his previous occupation was known as “the cat.”
His idyllic life in the south of France is turned upside down when a series of robberies break out that exactly mimic his technique. Fleeing from the authorities, who suspect him of resuming his old profession, he determines to find out who is committing the thefts and prove his innocence. Along the way he unwittingly gets involved with a wealthy American heiress (Jessie Royce Landis) and her daughter (Grace Kelly).
Also in the cast are John Williams, Charles Vanel and Brigitte Auber.
Shot in wide-screen VistaVision, the film will be seen in a new 4K digital restoration directly from Paramount Pictures. The movie runs one hour and 46 minutes, and is not rated.
Tickets are $6.50, $5.50 for seniors, students and military, $4.50 for Capitol Friends and $2.50 for children 12 and under. Tickets are available at the door or in advance from www.romecapitol.com and the Capitol box office at 315-337-6453.
MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29
‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ starts RCT season
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Flashlight tours part of First Friday fun
- 4:00pm 09/20/18MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29
- 4:00pm 09/20/18‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ starts RCT season
- 4:00pm 09/20/18‘Dogumentary’ follows quest of puppy litter
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Jankiewicz performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 09/20/18CNY Royalty and Rogues Festival comes to Stittville
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Capitol screens ‘Bad Reputation’ Wednesday
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Film ‘Bel Canto’ features voice of singer Renée Fleming
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Peter, Paul and George perform Saturday in Oneida
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Opera ‘The Falling and the Rising’ Sunday at View