HITCHCOCK CLASSIC — Cary Grant and Grace Kelly in “To Catch a Thief.”
Hitchcock thriller starts Friday at Capitol
The Capitol Theatre, 220 W. Dominick St., will present the 1955 Alfred Hitchcock thriller “To Catch a Thief” at 7 p.m. on Friday and 2:30 and 7 p.m. on Saturday.
Based on the novel by David Dodge, the film concerns a retired jewel thief, who in his previous occupation was known as “the cat.”
His idyllic life in the south of France is turned upside down when a series of robberies break out that exactly mimic his technique. Fleeing from the authorities, who suspect him of resuming his old profession, he determines to find out who is committing the thefts and prove his innocence. Along the way he unwittingly gets involved with a wealthy American heiress (Jessie Royce Landis) and her daughter (Grace Kelly).
Also in the cast are John Williams, Charles Vanel and Brigitte Auber.
Shot in wide-screen VistaVision, the film will be seen in a new 4K digital restoration directly from Paramount Pictures. The movie runs one hour and 46 minutes, and is not rated.
Tickets are $6.50, $5.50 for seniors, students and military, $4.50 for Capitol Friends and $2.50 for children 12 and under. Tickets are available at the door or in advance from www.romecapitol.com and the Capitol box office at 315-337-6453.
Easter Bunny helps Lainey’s Army March 24
Drama depicts actress in her later years
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Easter Bunny helps Lainey’s Army March 24
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Drama depicts actress in her later years
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Dakota Fanning stars in ‘Please Stand By’
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Rattlin’ Bog performs Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Bluegrass jam Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Joseph Daley Tuba Trio performs Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Legion hosts St. Patrick’s Day event
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Pre-Easter fun day March 24
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Bunny Cares event Sunday
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Irish music session Tuesday