HITCHCOCK CLASSIC — Cary Grant and Grace Kelly in “To Catch a Thief.”
Hitchcock thriller starts Friday at Capitol
The Capitol Theatre, 220 W. Dominick St., will present the 1955 Alfred Hitchcock thriller “To Catch a Thief” at 7 p.m. on Friday and 2:30 and 7 p.m. on Saturday.
Based on the novel by David Dodge, the film concerns a retired jewel thief, who in his previous occupation was known as “the cat.”
His idyllic life in the south of France is turned upside down when a series of robberies break out that exactly mimic his technique. Fleeing from the authorities, who suspect him of resuming his old profession, he determines to find out who is committing the thefts and prove his innocence. Along the way he unwittingly gets involved with a wealthy American heiress (Jessie Royce Landis) and her daughter (Grace Kelly).
Also in the cast are John Williams, Charles Vanel and Brigitte Auber.
Shot in wide-screen VistaVision, the film will be seen in a new 4K digital restoration directly from Paramount Pictures. The movie runs one hour and 46 minutes, and is not rated.
Tickets are $6.50, $5.50 for seniors, students and military, $4.50 for Capitol Friends and $2.50 for children 12 and under. Tickets are available at the door or in advance from www.romecapitol.com and the Capitol box office at 315-337-6453.
Utica Summer Fest start tonight
Levitt Music Series starts June 25 in Utica
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Utica Summer Fest start tonight
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Levitt Music Series starts June 25 in Utica
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Movie depicts real life art heist
- 4:00pm 06/21/18‘Tuesdays with Morrie’ on stage Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Benefit concert features The BBC Band
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Betsy Concert Series returns June 28
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Mirren and Sutherland star in comedy-drama
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Schneider give talk on ‘West Side Story’ Wednesday
- 4:00pm 06/15/18RCT Talent Team presents a Night of One Acts Saturday
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Alliance Classical Players announce summer concerts